“I fail to spot the appeal...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Valentino's

Valentino's
Ranked #45 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We went to this restaurant this week and unfortunately it was not very clean. My meal was OK-ish but my partner said the lasagne was like tasteless cardboard. The plates and cutlery weren't too clean and the speakers and surroundings were covered in dust. Someone had thrown a brick through the window and the toilets were grubby. The waiters were nice and friendly enough but they really need to spruce the place up.
“I fail to spot the appeal...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

My friends are obsessed with this place. Almost every birthday get together someone comes out with " let's go to Valentinos". How about, let's not. I can only assume that as they still live in Grimsby, which is not well known for its cullinary delights that they have never eaten at a decent Italian restaurant. I however am fortunate enough to have moved away and experienced a real restaurant. Where food comes hot, is authentic, where someone actually takes the time to serve you and you don't need to run home and have a shower immediately after using the toilets.

To be fair. The owner is eccentric and a very nice man, but obviously has no clue about Italian food. I would rather visit a pizza hut. The food is nicer, more authentic and the service infinitely better. I really do feel sorry for those people who class this as an excellent restaurant. It suggests they maybe spent their formative years eating from bins....

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Dined here many times and never been disappointed. Can particularly recommend the calzone pollo a la creme and spaghetti napoletana. Pizzas also are delicious. Always had quick and friendly service. Excellent value.

• Visited March 2013
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Friendly owner and pleasant ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

This always seems a little quieter than the others in market square, perhaps because they do a special price menu rather than the obligitory half price pizza or pasta during the week. But then maybe that's why it's nicer to visit here for a couple.

Visited April 2012
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambiance and great good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Valeries never disappoints. The £25 deal is also great value for money. We have eaten here twice in the last month and I have to say, it is better Italien food than Jamies Olivers. Staff are efficient and friendly. Whether you want a meal or just a coffee or glass of wine to rewind after a day at the office, I highly recommend this little diamond on Cleethorpes seafront.

Visited February 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Five People enjoyed it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Firstly I cannot understand why this 'quirky restaurant' has so many poor reviews. Has it recently had a chef/menu upgrade, I wonder? For me and my party I can only give the food excellent taste and value. Not one of us could complain about anything. Ok the decor is dated and kitsch but hey, five of us had two good courses each and shared two bottles of wine, all for less than £15 each. Now you can pay that for one take away pizza from Dominoes!! Would I go again? Yes most definately.

• Visited January 2013