“My 1st bad review,”

Valentino's
Ranked #42 of 148 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We went to this restaurant this week and unfortunately it was not very clean. My meal was OK-ish but my partner said the lasagne was like tasteless cardboard. The plates and cutlery weren't too clean and the speakers and surroundings were covered in dust. Someone had thrown a brick through the window and the toilets were grubby. The waiters were nice and friendly enough but they really need to spruce the place up.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Your tempter with the board outside showing the 3 course price, the place looks nice, but so dirty look through window around that area, the food is awful I've been twice and both times it was warmed up greesy food.

1  Thank cksweet1

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Visited whilst on holiday, never been into Cleethorpe before. Initial impression from the outside was good, looked like a small family run restaurant. Do not be fooled though this is only a facade. Ordered barbeque ribs to start and received 3 lamb chops in some sort of bland mix of tomato and bbq sauce. Asked the waitress after eating to be informed, oh yes we use lamb....very odd indeed. Other half had prawn cocktail, which according to menu was served in a shell. The delightfull shell was a metal shell shaped container... Only saving grace for the starters was the garlic bread with cheese which any 5 year old could make. Ah well onwards to main course which could only get better... Or so we thought. We both ordered different versions of fillet steak both to be cooked medium. Mine was to be cooked in olive oil and garnished with parmesan. The steak was as dry as piece of old rubber, my other half had what can only be described as a jar of homepride red wine with mushroom and onion sauce chucked over her's. Seriously I'd be surprised if it was anything else. After this we decided to skip desert and pay up and leave as quickly as possible. I have seen other positve reviews but I think these revolve around pizza. Perhaps they should chnage the business strategy and re-open as a pizza takeaway. In no way is this an Italian restaurant, do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague and go next door to the other Italian.

1  Thank ilowth
Reviewed 25 May 2013

All I can say is it's a good job I ate before I went to the ladies loo, because I definitely would not have eaten there if I'd been to the loo before. I've never ever experienced anything so disgusting in my life.

2  Thank DeborahandRuss
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Visited here as initially looked reasonably inviting. As soon as we sat down should have left as menus, floor and decor dirty. Toilets extremely worrying. Stayed as children hungry. Pizzas obviously bought in with possibly toppings added-tasteless. Salad poor and tired. Service poor -food just plonked in front of us. The most worrying aspect however was when the waitress started polishing cutlery on empty tables with a filthy green t towel. The owner is intimidating with a cap worn backwards and not someone i would liked to tackle. We paid up and left feeling very queasy. If i am sick i intend to report to en health.

3  Thank Outstandingteacher
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We entered the virtually empty restaurant. chokey and small, clustered with an abundance of dirty tables and dusty old synthetic plants. First impressions are important, but I decided the chefs may be more competent than the cleaners. I sit down to see the menu, dirty. I check my cutlery, dirty, I check the napkin, already used. I appreciate a little Italian spirit when I dine, the candle in a wine bottle would have been a small redeemer, had it not of been half full of what I can only assume at this point in time was now a vinegar, a watery graveyard o which dead flies floated on. The candle had been left to run down the sides of the bottle, onto the table, I like my bacon crispy, not my tables.

I ordered ravioli.

It arrived, small pathetic portion swimming in what tasted like a smart price bean sauce. then it clicked, tinned ravioli. Disgusting.

NOT al' dente, no seasoning, mashed monkey filling that retained the texture of a flavorless watery pate'.

I went, I experienced, I learned, i reviewed; Not only for my sake, but for yours. Don't experience this restaurant, or you will kick yourself for not listening to my advice.

2  Thank Dillon D