“Wonderful food and great value”

Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marples is a Cafe, Bar and Restaurant that is situated on the vibrant and popular Sea View Street, just off Cleethorpes sea front. Our Skilled and experienced chefs and front of house team offer our customers an excellent and unforgettable dining experience. We are open 7 days a week serving breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Teas and Dinner (Monday-Saturday evenings)and we offer everything from tea cakes to Steak Pie and an A la Carte selection for our evening diners.
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Ate at Marples last night with my family, 5 main adult meals, 2 soft drinks, 1 bottle of rosé, 2 puddings and 3 coffees all for £65 ! Beautiful food with something for everyone on the menu. I ordered the haddock with a spinach and chorizo sauce and I couldn't fault it. Others had homemade smoked haddock fish cakes, homemade lasagne and a linguine with mushrooms and a lemon and herb sauce. Lovely atmosphere and as usual, great service from the ladies who work there.

1  Thank Jopad64

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We visited on a Saturday evening in early September without booking. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The food was wonderful, and portion sizes were generous.
My only complaint would be that it was a Saturday evening, and the lights needed to be lower. Marples is fairly knew to evening dining, though its a popular place to go during the day, I am certain some couples like us might just walk on by, rather than eat in a place with so much bright lighting on a Saturday night. This was our second Saturday visit, (months apart) and both were with the restaurant less than half full..... maybe the lighting is the issue, because it cant be the food or the staff !!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I treated our boys and partner to a meal as a bit of a celebration meal. We all had three courses, all excellent, and the waitress was friendly and efficient. Well done Marples, will definitely be going again

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Lovely setting just off the sea front with big windows where you can watch the world go by.
Had a lovely evening meal celebrating a friends 50th birthday, they let us put banners and a balloon up and allowed to to take a cake in, even bringing it out to us to eat. Some of the menu is a bit pricy but meals and prices to suit all palates and budgets, free bottle of wine with some meals when two people eat.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

A few steps off the Sea front and you will find the well decorated & atmospheric split level open plan Marples Cafe/Wine Bar.

Staff are fantastically polite and helpful.

Walls are adorned with Vettriano prints with dark wood tables, there is no seaside tackiness with Marples.

Food is of an excellent quality, we breakfast certainly is! My wife indulged herself with a cheese and mushroom omelette that would have fed the both of us, the only quirk (as a breakfast dish) was it came with a salad garnish. My wife described it and her accompanying portion of beans as extremely tasty.
myself I enjoyed the lightest of textures Scrambled Egg & Bacon served on a toasted Muffin, If I have a niggle it is that the muffin and toaster seemed shy of each other and the muffin lacked that crisp golden brown colour to compliment the clours of the Eggs & bacon, all that said it was delicious!
Nice quirky way of serving a Cafe Americano that I havent encountered before, served as a shot of Espresso in a pleasing shaped cup and accompanied by a pot of hot water.

I cannot envisage breakfast anywhere else on future visits to Cleethorpes.

1  Thank Andrew S