“Nobody does a Caesar Salad like Marples”

Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marples is a Cafe, Bar and Restaurant that is situated on the vibrant and popular Sea View Street, just off CLeethorpes sea front. Our Skilled and experienced chefs and front of house team offer our customers an excellent and unforgettable dining experience. We are open 7 days a week serving breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Teas and Dinner (Monday-Saturday evenings)and we offer everything from tea cakes to Steak Pie and an A la Carte selection for our evening diners.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Marples do the most amazing chicken and bacon caesar salad. Both me and my cousin adore these and would recommend anyone to try them. Staff have always been very friendly and helpful

100rachg, Manager at Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, Marples Caesar Salad is one of our most popular dishes and i'm glad you enjoy them. Also thank you for your comment on the waiting staff, it's nice to be appeciated. Hopefully see you again i the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Having not long lived in the area, we thought we'd found a real gem in Marples and to be fair, we've never had a bad meal... But during our last few visits the service has really let it down; seldom do you see any of the waiting staff smile and while this is clearly a busy and popular café to visit with tables always being needed, I can't help but feel rushed when I've barely sat down and am already been asked if I'm ready to order. Furthermore, there seems to be a real lack of attention to detail... On one visit we ordered desserts, after 30 minutes of waiting we decided to leave- the waitress who took out order had been far to busy chatting to a customer on the next table about where she was going on her night out and where she would meet him later to ring our order through... Similarly on our last visit, we ordered diet coke but got regular... Sounds petty and a bit pedantic but little things like that combined with miserable service really make a difference.

1  Thank Elmo139
100rachg, Manager at Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

thanks for your review of Marples Cafe. I'm glad you enjoy the food here. However i would like to apologise if you did have an order taken for desserts and they did not appear. I am very sorry this has happened and i will speak with all waitresses to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

By chance we turned down Sea View Street on the lookout for somewhere for breakfast, and I am so pleased we did. Nothing was too much trouble, the service was excellent, the portion sizes were more than enough, excellent coffee and tea. All the things we love in a cooked breakfast were spot on: crispy bacon, decent toast (not cheap bread), well-cooked sausages. And the eggs benedict I think were the best I've had. Next time we're back in Cleethorpes I'd like to go there for lunch and dinner, and I would definitely go back for breakfast again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Often go here for lunch, although the food is sometimes inconsistent it's never bad, service is polite and efficient and the atmosphere and décor good.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Freshly cooked food, not cheap but good value. Service slow but this reflects the fact that food is cooked to order. Worth waiting for. Highly recommended