“Excellent meal and good value for money”

Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marples is a Cafe, Bar and Restaurant that is situated on the vibrant and popular Sea View Street, just off CLeethorpes sea front. Our Skilled and experienced chefs and front of house team offer our customers an excellent and unforgettable dining experience. We are open 7 days a week serving breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Teas and Dinner (Monday-Saturday evenings)and we offer everything from tea cakes to Steak Pie and an A la Carte selection for our evening diners.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We ate here with my family after a long drive to Cleethorpes. The staff are very friendly and attentative, we were seated immediately and our drinks order taken as we sat down. Water was provided with the drinks, the menu was interesting with a good selection on the specials board. The food was delicious, the portions of meat pie huge! I had a very tasty Quiche served with fresh salad and chips. As we had ordered 4 main courses we got a free bottle of wine too. All in all an excellent meal and extremely good service, we will be going back.

There are newer reviews for Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Me and my family regularly go to Marples Cafe and the food is always amazing. The staff are friendly and you never feel rushed. It you can squeeze one in I would recommended having one of their deserts they are always give you a good sized portion and they are to die for.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lovely meal. Excellent ambiences good staff, clean tables, comfy chairs. No noisy music
This is a first class bistro type bar /restaurant .

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Eaten here many times at breakfast and is always fabulous but tried lunch on Saturday for a change. Will most certainly not be back for lunch!! Think it is the worst Jacket potato we have ever eaten. Watery and mushy potato bnot to mention cold in parts. Salad looked dirty and had overpowering vinegar dressing on. Complained to manager who offered apologies but did not seem very interested! Resally not up to your usual standards.

100rachg, Manager at Marples Cafe, Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello and thank you for taking time to write a review of Marples Cafe. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed Breakfast with us before. I am however disappointed that you were not as happy on your last visit at Lunchtime. Which is such a shame since we have just as a good reputation for Lunch as we do for Breakfast. I am very sorry you felt our Jacket Potatoes were not to your liking. I must point out though that our salads are prepared fresh every morning and are washed thoroughly. We wouldn't have the Five Star Hygiene rating that we do otherwise. I also feel the need to point out that you did not speak with the Manager since I was not at work on Saturday. Actually one of my Supervisors spoke to you briefly as you was leaving, when it was brought to her attention that you wasn't happy with your Jacket Potatoes. It is always quiet frustrating when customers leave unhappy without giving us the chance to replace or change your meals, only to go home and write down their disappointment on Tripadvisor. If you had told us of your issues with your meals at the time then maybe your experience of Lunchtime at Marples could have had a better outcome.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Whether you want to pop for coffee and toast in the morning or for a lunch of quiche or lasagne or home made pie or liver and onions. We have tried it many times and the produce is fresh and home made. The puddings are good too (Ihavent tried them but my husband has and he says they are fabulous)