“Overpriced”
Review of Pleasure Island - CLOSED

Pleasure Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pleasure Island family theme park is full of rides and attractions that can be enjoyed by the whole family. From toddlers to grandparents, there's something for everyone. One of the great things about Pleasure Island is that the family group need never be separated, as there are so many family activities. Apart from the many family rides, such as the Mini Mine train, the Whirly Twirl and the traditional Carousel, our wonderful shows are professionally produced to provide all round family entertainment.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I do find this to be really overpriced. It is basically the only put off for my family who like to visit annually.

The farm is a nice new addition, queues for the bigger rides can be quite long which is what you might have to look out for.

Would recommend that you take your own food as their food is overpriced and disgusting.

There are newer reviews for Pleasure Island

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visited Pleasure Island as part of a school group booking. The booking process was easy and the staff were very helpful by answering all our questions and sending health and safety info before the visit. On arrival the staff could not do more to welcome us and our group of lively 13-16 year olds!
The park itself isn't very big but has enough rides to keep you entertained for the day, especially as it wasn't busy so the kids thought it was great to go on them over and over. Some look a bit tired but the whole place was clean and tidy. The constant health and safety announcements over the tannoy were a little bit annoying!
The farm animals were in very small enclosures which wasn't too nice to look at. However the sealion and parrot shows were excellent, mainly because of the enthusiastic ladies doing the presentations.
A great day out and value for money but only rated average because it does lack that magic of a theme park. Maybe the atmosphere would be better in high season?

1  Thank Twinsliders
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked online in advance but didn't realise I had to print off my ticket. As I was staying at Haven next door I couldn't so I phoned up. Got through straight away to a very helpful lady who said not a problem, we will have them waiting for you. When we got there I joined the queue but then this man came up I checked I was in the right queue, and he said I will go and get them for you, very helpful and kind. Once in we didn't have to wait to get on any of the rides and kids went on every thing 3 times!! staff all happy and want you to have a good time! Yes some of it needs brightening up, but loving the investment made so far! Sealion show, fantastic and the new farm area was great! I also loved the fact you didn't have temptations all over the place, where you feel pressure to spend more money. Please, please support this theme park and keep it open!! No its not alton towers, but kids love the fact they don't have to wait too long and can go on what they want and it has a lovely relaxing feel! Oh and a Costa Coffee, what more do you want!!

2  Thank Hazlehurst5
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Pleasure island is a smallish theme park but there is still plenty to do. Ok so it could use a spruce up but that's just being picky. Plenty of rides for all ages and a fabulous sea lion show at least 4 times daily. The staff are lovely and in particular a young girl on the flying chairs today 11th June is a credit to the park. As we visited midweek during term time also no lines so that was a bonus.

1  Thank Kittiecat666
Reviewed 6 June 2014

when i arived i was like WOW.. like litrally WOW! its fansastic i went there with bradley wells and he loved it he wen on all of the rides!:D

2  Thank brandon t