“So much more than a b&b”
Review of Browns Rooms

Browns Rooms
Ranked #3 of 25 Cleethorpes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have just returned from an over night stay at The Brown's Rooms and there is no wonder Rebekah gets the outstanding reviews she gets. It was perfect from start to finish. The room was lovely,spacious and spotless. We were treated to pots of tea and banana cake not long after arriving and when we said we were eating out Rebekah offered to ring and book us a table. The breakfast the next morning was fantastic with good quality produce and even home made bread for our toast. All the little added extra touches made our stay very enjoyable.Please do not hesitate to choose this b&b as you will certainly not be disappointed. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank karen R

Reviewed 25 September 2013

What a joy it was to spend our night in Cleethropes at Brown's Rooms, from the moment I rang the doorbell our stay was made effortless. Rebekah and Tim gave me such a warm family welcome, with a pot of tea and chocolate cake brought up to our delightful room. Rebekah showed me around the room and explained how everything worked. We were due out that evening but I found it hard to leave the room as I felt so comfortable and relaxed. Breakfast was ordered before we went out as we chose to have the smoked haddock on muffins in the morning. After our night out what a treat it was to be wrapped up in the wonderful bed linen on the large comfy bed. Breakfast was a feast with cereals, granola, fresh fruit and Greek yogurt with honey before we had our smoked haddock, we could hardly get back up to our room. On leaving and saying our goodbyes it felt like we had been there longer and we're saying goodbye to old friends. We will defiantly be going back to Brown's Rooms and will be staying for longer I hope next time.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo M
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This delightful B & B cannot be faulted in any way! The genial landlady, Rebekah, presented me with a pot of tea and a slice of Victoria sponge upon my arrival at 3.00 p.m., which was most welcome and gave the chance to admire the stylish Breakfast Room. I occupied the Green Room and found it to be most attractive and comfortable, I was most impressed by the colour co-ordinated cushions that added to the restful atmosphere. The breakfast was a gourmet experience. I chose to begin with a selection of fresh fruit accompanied by Greek yogurt with honey and granola and i was presented with a dish of apple rings, slices of banana sprinkled with both raspberries and strawberries. It was a gastronomic delight as was the cooked main course that followed with bacon, Lincolnshire sausages, scrabbled eggs and grilled tomatoes cooked to perfection. There were several other items on offer too. The hospitality tray in the bedroom held some items that you don't normally find in hotels such as fruit flavoured teas
and a special tea that contained vitamins.

Rebekah, her husband Tim and their son Felix were equally charming and the cat that I met, Elvis, was a real sweetie. I could hardly believe that Rebekah had only been running the B&B for 2 years as everything was run to perfection. Her explanation was that she only lets out 2 rooms on that site and can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests and therefore has plenty of time to pay attention to detail. Small is beautiful obviously! I am already recommending this lodging to others and certainly intend to return there myself.

Room Tip: The Green Room is on the front of the quiet avenue and the sun comes into it all day but the windows...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan255
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband myself and our grandson recently stayed at Brown's Rooms For 2 nights (18th,19th Aug) and were very impressed. On arrival we were treated to Pot of coffee and some home made cake ( we ate the remainder the following day yum yum).The rooms are lovely and clean, our grandson who's 12 stayed in the green room and was well impressed. My husband and myself had the white room which is enormous, it was nice to sit at the small table by the window and relax whilst enjoying our afternoon coffee and cake. For breakfast there are a variety of choices with something to suit everyone. All in all it was the perfect place to stay, we were warmly welcomed by Rebekah ( the hostess with the mostest ) Tim,Felix and the cats into their beautiful home. We will definitely stay at Brown's Rooms again when we next visit Cleethorpes.

Room Tip: The White room is ideal for a couple with children, there is a king size bed and a single bed. It i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

just returned after a one night stay at this fantastic B and B, the rooms are lovely and clean and no effort by the owner is too much, we had a lovely breakfast on departure and will definitely return. Our first visit to Cleethorpes and thought it was a lovely little town off the beaten track a bit but well worth visiting.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tismyk
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Could not have asked for better treatment. Rebekha was so welcoming. We stayed in the Green Room and were very impressed, although small it had all we needed and we were only in the room for sleeping. The breakfast was excellent and so much variety, from cooked breakfast to cereal or granola. Nothing was too much trouble. You feel as if you are staying with a friend the atmosphere is so welcoming.

I would highly recommend this accommodation and will definitely return on my next trip to Cleethorpes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aldoGlasgow
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Massive welcome, massive room and massive breakfast!!
What a fantastic weekend we had staying at Browns Rooms - we really did feel a part of the family, nothing was too much trouble.
We stayed in the white room which is huge, very clean and beautifully and comfortably furnished - it made it really hard to get up in a morning. In fact if it wasn't for the amazing breakfasts that Rebekah served i think we would have stayed in bed all day.
I would most definitely recommend this B&B to my friends and we are looking for another 'excuse' to visit Cleethorpes.
Thanks Guys!!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms so my tip would be don't mess about - book early!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple