“Great Place ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Carvery
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great value, excellent service even when busy, great choice of vegetables and the meats where delicious, much better than Toby. Shame we only come to Cleethorpes once a year, definitely back next time we visit

Marshy12-13, Manager at The Trawlerman, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

look forward to seeing you next year,Great review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have just eaten the carvery at the Trawlerman. The food was very good, hot and tasty, the chef was very helpful I asked him for the well done bits and my plate was full. The food service was good the price very good. The management Need to take note and not let workmen in with muddy dirty clothes sitting down on chairs that ladies are then going to sit on in their nice clothes. This must change I don't think this is acceptable. Also I would like to suggest that there should be someone serving drinks at all times and there wasn't today. There should be a sign above saying drinks area only. I tried to buy drinks after my meal and had to stand in a big que again where people where ordering their meals and it was extremely busy this is not acceptable.

1  Thank michael e
Marshy12-13, Manager at The Trawlerman, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thanks for taking time to do this review. We have taken your comments on-board. Picking who can come in and who can not could result in discrimination and this is something we avoid at all costs, We will certainly make a bigger effort to clean chairs that workmen sit at but they are entitled to enjoy our carvery like every one else. As for queuing up for drinks we have four till points working so maybe try another till to queue at for a quicker service. Thanks again for this review we work hard to rectify any issues that may arise.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staff very friendly and efficient. Food, good, hot and tasty and very good value for money. Will eat here again. We had 1 dinner and 2 breakfasts. Well done!

Another great review thanks

Reviewed 7 July 2014

To be honest when we came across this place It was the sign for the carvery at just £3.99 that got our attention. But to be honest for £3.99 I wasn't expecting very much. When we got in, it was very busy but we still managed to get seated. The carvery was £3.99 or £4.99 for the two meat carvery. Being greedy we all chose the £4.99 version. The only part that was annoying was the queuing up. It does take a while to get to the front. But it's really worth it in the end. OMG. The meat was beautiful and you can choose all the veg you can eat. Mmmmmmmmmm every bit of this was just delicious. My hats off to you all.
Didn't have room for a pudding but from the ones I could see being eaten they looked very nice.
Oh and the only other negative I could say if I really have to is, if your not keen on the carvery, there's not a lot else on the menu to choose from. But hey.... I loved it. Well done and thanks.

Awesome review thank you

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We as a group of four had a carvery at the trawlerman on Friday tea time and it was lovely. Everything cooked to perfection and a good choice of meat and vedgetables at only £3.99 you cannot go wrong. The staff were lovely and friendly highly recommended. we will be back

What a great review thanks for taking the time to do it.