“Simply the best in the area...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Petit Delight
Ranked #18 of 137 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We use only the finest ingredients, expertly prepared by our top chefs.Our brasserie is styled upon a bustling Parisian brasserie, where naturally flowing 'joie de vivre' will enthuse family and friends as a great meeting place. With the focus being on top quality ingredients, great taste and friendly, attentive service, Petit Delight delivers delicious, vibrant, yet effortless results, in relaxed and informal settings.
“Simply the best in the area...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

After many visits to Petit Delight, breakfast this morning was not disappointing ...
The place is a delight, the food delightful, & I'm delighted... Will return to my favourite place...

“Great food - Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

Heard great reviews from both family and friends, had to go and try it for myself. What a night the welcome was a 'Petit Delight' the decor made me think I was in Paris and the place was buzzing, The food was outstanding and beautifully presented, the table service was efficient and very friendly, the waitress recommend the house red it went down to easy. Thank you all for a night to remember. See you soon!!

1 Thank derekfar
Grimsby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My Husband and I visited the restaurant last weeked after hearing good reports from people we know. Our thoughts are as follows:
1) We arrived to an empty restaurant (which was not an issue as our table was at 7pm) and were seated right next to the door. The waitress turned on the heater above the door but we still got a blast of cold wind every time someone came in. The table was just too close to the door to feel comfortable.
2) The service was not great. Dont get me wrong the staff were friendly just really slow and not very efficient. We had to get the waitress' attention for drinks which in such a small restaurant you dont expect to happen. Also we were given the bill then no one came to take the payment. In the end I took it to the counter, definately not acceptable in an a la carte restaurant.
3) The Food was average. The prices were reasonable but the food didnt knock my socks off.We were first of all brought a pre appetiser of fois gras and gingerbread which was just awful, it did not work at all and made me feel a bit sick. I had a goats cheese and caramalised red onion tart to start which was nice but there were far too many red onions and not enough goats cheese and my husband had the prawns with avocado which he said wasnt very nice. For my main I had the chicken which I enjoyed and my husband had fillet steak which he ordered cooked medium and it came quite rare and it was also small for the price. We decided against desert. Oh and we had the house wine which was ,again, average. The restaurant could be much better if they spaced the tables out more, kept it a bit warmer and made the service better. We will most likely try it again in a few months.

• Visited March 2012
Lincolnshire
“Lovely place, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hats off to the proprietors of Petit Delight for the fantastic decor and atmosphere of this recently opened French restaurant, it's very chic and sophisticated. There is a real family atmosphere and the staff are un petit delight - lovely friendly and helpful.
The menu is very limited - I had seen it on the website and assumed that there would be a Specials board - there isn't. It was the most limited menu I think I have ever seen - the choice of mains being fillet steak, chicken, tagliatelle or tuna.
Reasonable choice of wine from around £15 a bottle.
The food was quite frankly a disappointment - I had tuna served with mashed potato which seemed a bit bizarre and it was served with chanteray carrots with black bits not removed - now I wouldn't serve them like that at home so I don't expect it when I go out. Husband's steak was cooked well and served with chips, veg and sauce - it was 'ok'.
We skipped dessert and just had coffee.
For the price we really expected so much more - we won't be rushing back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FifiLincolnshire
Louth, Lincolnshire
“Interesting interior, some nice ideas and some not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We visited on a Thursday evening and the restaurant (c20 covers) was almost full by the time we left. Unfortunately the external door opens directly into the restaurant so it was quite chilly each time new diners arrived. The table cloths and napkins were paper and there were no candles or flowers to decorate the table. The food was a mixed bag of offerings. An amuse-bouche was served which was nice - carrot and cumin mousse. The goats cheesecake was nice and served in a small kilner jar. The farmhouse pate was more like a mousse and looked very unattractive and was not seasoned correctly so was bland. The smoked mackerel with chocolate sauce was delicious except that the sauce turned to glue as it was served on a hot plate. The beef bourginion was tasty though very soupy and didn't look very attractive. The mushroom barley risotto was stodgy and lacking in any subtlety of flavour. The confit of duck served on a glorious creamy mash potato was the star of the night. Didn't appreciate the waitress advising me that : "My bum is too big to get through" the gap between the chairs. Two courses for 4 with a bottle of wine was £120

• Visited February 2012