“Our favourite eating place in Lincolnshire”
Review of Petit Delight

Petit Delight
Ranked #13 of 144 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We use only the finest ingredients, expertly prepared by our top chefs.Our brasserie is styled upon a bustling Parisian brasserie, where naturally flowing 'joie de vivre' will enthuse family and friends as a great meeting place. With the focus being on top quality ingredients, great taste and friendly, attentive service, Petit Delight delivers delicious, vibrant, yet effortless results, in relaxed and informal settings.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Whilst visiting the area we have been several times now and it's always been a "Grand Delight". We'd been for breakfast (you must try the galette complète), lunch and dinner a few times and it has been perfect every time. The welcome is second to none and all the staff are warm and friendly. The food is exquisite, ambiance is excellent and the staff excel in all areas.

There are newer reviews for Petit Delight

Reviewed 5 April 2012

After many visits to Petit Delight, breakfast this morning was not disappointing ...
The place is a delight, the food delightful, & I'm delighted... Will return to my favourite place...

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Heard great reviews from both family and friends, had to go and try it for myself. What a night the welcome was a 'Petit Delight' the decor made me think I was in Paris and the place was buzzing, The food was outstanding and beautifully presented, the table service was efficient and very friendly, the waitress recommend the house red it went down to easy. Thank you all for a night to remember. See you soon!!

1  Thank derekfar
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My Husband and I visited the restaurant last weeked after hearing good reports from people we know. Our thoughts are as follows:
1) We arrived to an empty restaurant (which was not an issue as our table was at 7pm) and were seated right next to the door. The waitress turned on the heater above the door but we still got a blast of cold wind every time someone came in. The table was just too close to the door to feel comfortable.
2) The service was not great. Dont get me wrong the staff were friendly just really slow and not very efficient. We had to get the waitress' attention for drinks which in such a small restaurant you dont expect to happen. Also we were given the bill then no one came to take the payment. In the end I took it to the counter, definately not acceptable in an a la carte restaurant.
3) The Food was average. The prices were reasonable but the food didnt knock my socks off.We were first of all brought a pre appetiser of fois gras and gingerbread which was just awful, it did not work at all and made me feel a bit sick. I had a goats cheese and caramalised red onion tart to start which was nice but there were far too many red onions and not enough goats cheese and my husband had the prawns with avocado which he said wasnt very nice. For my main I had the chicken which I enjoyed and my husband had fillet steak which he ordered cooked medium and it came quite rare and it was also small for the price. We decided against desert. Oh and we had the house wine which was ,again, average. The restaurant could be much better if they spaced the tables out more, kept it a bit warmer and made the service better. We will most likely try it again in a few months.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hats off to the proprietors of Petit Delight for the fantastic decor and atmosphere of this recently opened French restaurant, it's very chic and sophisticated. There is a real family atmosphere and the staff are un petit delight - lovely friendly and helpful.
The menu is very limited - I had seen it on the website and assumed that there would be a Specials board - there isn't. It was the most limited menu I think I have ever seen - the choice of mains being fillet steak, chicken, tagliatelle or tuna.
Reasonable choice of wine from around £15 a bottle.
The food was quite frankly a disappointment - I had tuna served with mashed potato which seemed a bit bizarre and it was served with chanteray carrots with black bits not removed - now I wouldn't serve them like that at home so I don't expect it when I go out. Husband's steak was cooked well and served with chips, veg and sauce - it was 'ok'.
We skipped dessert and just had coffee.
For the price we really expected so much more - we won't be rushing back.

2  Thank FifiLincolnshire