“Lovely Anniversary Meal”

Petit Delight
Ranked #18 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We use only the finest ingredients, expertly prepared by our top chefs.Our brasserie is styled upon a bustling Parisian brasserie, where naturally flowing 'joie de vivre' will enthuse family and friends as a great meeting place. With the focus being on top quality ingredients, great taste and friendly, attentive service, Petit Delight delivers delicious, vibrant, yet effortless results, in relaxed and informal settings.
Cleethorpes
“Lovely Anniversary Meal”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our visit on a Thursday evening in June was our first experience of this fairly new French Themed venue which is built inside the old Queens Hotel in the centre of Cleethorpes. Our table was the closest to the door, which was a little disappointing when they said they'd have to open the door for a few minutes to clear the air of cooking fumes from the kitchen! After a few minutes another customer closed the door. Once we had ordered our meals, we noticed quite a draft blowing through from the rear of the restaurant. My wife had to put a jacket on as a result of now feeling chilly!. We pointed this out to the waitress, and she quickly apologized and closed the rear door.
I have no idea if fumes from the kitchen is a regular occurrence, as this was our first visit. The remainder of our visit was very enjoyable, so to be honest I'd be prepared to give them the benefit of doubt. Even so, I would have thought kitchen extractor fans ought to be able to deal with fumes/smoke in the kitchen! - after all, opening the doors in a few months time in winter, isn't going to much of an experience for diners!
We both ordered meals from the specials card on the table. I had chicken, chips (fries)and salad, my wife had steak chips and salad. My chicken was already cut into slices, and was really enjoyable. My wife regularly has steak, and although she said this wasn't the best she'd had, it was without a doubt up there amongst the best!
My wife ordered creme brulee for desert. Now creme brulee is something she loves, and I just have on the odd occasion. However I tasted this one (made on the premises) and it was delicious ! My wife agreed too!
Both waitresses were came across as happy, polite, professional and were a credit to their employer.
After our meal, we went up stairs to a 1930's themed room. The decor featured large photos and murals of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers, along with other actors / actresses of the 30's Hollywood era. The room had its own bar, along with numerous tables. We ordered drinks ( a little dearer than local pub prices) but then we were treated to a live jazz band!
The band were amazing, as was the female vocalist. The violinist was incredible - Andy Aitchison -
Andy has worked with the celebrated gypsy guitar master, Lollo Meier, touring in the UK and Europe. More recently still, he has worked with Lollo in Italy with Lollo and numerous Italian players including Jacopo Martini and Attilio Troiano (winner of 2010 Italian Jazz Newcomer award).
The influences of Artie Shaw and Stephane Grappelli can be heard in Andy's playing – their unparalleled sense of swing, technical excellence and stylish arrangements are second to none.
A lovely evening for our wedding anniversary, and we will definitely visit again

Grimsby, England
“A happy anniversary lunch”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We arrived without booking on a saturday lunchtime. The restaurant had a buzzing atmosphere, almost all the tables were occupied. We where asked if we had booked, as we hadnt, they could let us have a table until 3pm (approx 1.5 hours). We where given a nice table for 2. A very pleasant waitress came to tell us about the daily specials, and returned shortly afterwards to take our order. We chose bread and oil starters, steak and frites for main, and a small carafe of wine each (rose and red). The wine came quickly, followed by the bread, small loaf and a dipping bowl with oil, which I thought had a burnt taste, but hubbie liked it. When the mains came, we where both very impressed with the quality of the steak, cooked exactly as requested,with a good amount of frites and a nice side salad. Even though we where full after the main, we had to try the creme brulee, we shared a decent sized one and each had a cappuccino. The bill came to £45, not cheap but worth it for an anniversary treat. What a lovely buzzing place, shame there arent more places like it in the area.

cleethorpes
“Excellent on all levels”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Six of us had an evening meal on Saturday evening. Was very busy but fabulous. Service was excellent from all staff, food was delightful. Desert (which is always my favourite course) was to die for, salted caramel tart, sublime. Cannot fault on any level.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Afternoon delight (tea)”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've just spent a brilliant 2 hours at my absolute favourite restaurant with 6 work colleagues. We went for afternoon tea and it was absolutely delicious.
A varied selection of yummy food, croque monsieur,quiche,cold meats, the best cheese I've ever had (gruyere & delice de bourgogne) I'm going to buy some in the delicatessen tomorrow.
4 mini desserts to taste, creme brulee that was perfection itself, chocolate brownie,chocolate mousse and a mini choc tart...I cannot rave about this place enough If you've not been you're missing out on a lovely affordable treat.
Too cold to sit outside but once the sun is shining we're all going again. Can't wait

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Not quite so special anymore”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Visited Petite Delight many times for Lunch, Afternoon Tea and one Special evening meal. On the whole I would categorise it as good without being great. The staff are generally friendly and helpful but at busy times service is slow.
Lunch - Choices have expanded over the past 10 months and are varied with good quality food although some of the portion sizes are not fit to be called a main meal. OK if you are not very hungry but you do pay main meal prices. Great coffees and the mocha is the best I have tasted.

The Afternoon Tea is a fresh take on the traditional English choice. It is served on a double layer platter. Top layer with savoury dishes such as Croque Monsieur, sausage rolls, cheese, cold meats etc. The lower layer being a selection of desserts (the savoury and desserts being smaller portions of main course options). It was £20 for two including tea or coffee and good value. Unfortunately it has increased in price to £30 (50% increase !!!) which I feel is expensive and excessive. So much so we will not be going for afternoon tea again. Has success gone to their head!
Evening special meal - we ate a fixed multi course meal and opted for a wine package (small glass with each course. The meal itself was a journey of highs and lows. I ate Confit duck for the first time which was superb although it showed the limitations of the duck breast on the same plate and the lack of sauce / Jus made it very dry. Some of the courses were terrible and only eaten to pass the time. A White Bean soup was tasteless. The event was supposed to start at 1/2 past the hour but as some persons arrived late we all had to wait for them. We had unfortunately arrived slightly early and were not offered a drink until we asked. Having sat there for over 30 minutes without anything , even attention from the staff! Total price for 2 persons £130, again excessive and not good value for money.

It is expensive and I would not agree with the previous reviewer that it has to be expensive to get good food. I prefer paying what the food is worth and that does not mean eating cheap food. As you can see from the £130 I don't mind paying but I do expect value and service.

The restaurant itself has great character and feels like a slice of France in Cleethorpes. In the Winter it is very cold inside if you are not sat near the fire. This needs to be addressed next year as I don't like sitting in a restaurant wearing a coat holding my cup to keep warm. The male toilets/ disabled are excellent quality and probably the best in the area (stop press: my Wife does not think this statement applies to the Ladies!). Petite Delight is very popular and slightly cliquey and it seems the popularity of the place is leading to less than good performance in a number of areas. We will return although the evening meal and afternoon tea are off the menu for us. There are many other places in the area and although they may not possess the character they do produce food of the same quality and at better value for your money.

It has now opened an outside seating area which will enhance the experience in Summer.

• Visited May 2013