“Delicious French Cuisine, Fantastic entertainment!”
Review of Petit Delight

Petit Delight
Ranked #16 of 142 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We use only the finest ingredients, expertly prepared by our top chefs.Our brasserie is styled upon a bustling Parisian brasserie, where naturally flowing 'joie de vivre' will enthuse family and friends as a great meeting place. With the focus being on top quality ingredients, great taste and friendly, attentive service, Petit Delight delivers delicious, vibrant, yet effortless results, in relaxed and informal settings.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Delicious French Cuisine, Fantastic entertainment!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This place has been done up to perfection! By far the most luxurious restaurant I have been to locally and the food lived up to great expectations. Always improving... I first came in to try the 'afternoon tea' and it was fab! They now have seating outside which is perfect for summer. Couldn't wait to return to try their evening menu. Food was of the highest quality and was cooked perfectly (I very much enjoyed their Skate dish) I adore the Jazz nights they hold upstairs nothing else like it around here. If you enjoy fine dining and good live music I highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013

“Delicious French Food in the heart of Cleethorpes”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I couldn't believe it when I learned that Cleethorpes had a French restaurant. What a little gem of a place it is! There is pantry next door that sells cheeses and wines during the day - pity we came here for dinner when it was shut. The ambience is excellent and the food even more so - their steaks were delicious and I even tried frog's legs (which tasted like chicken!). The desserts (especially the cakes) were melt-in-the-mouth. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

• Visited January 2013
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Addition to Cleethorpes Eateries”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Dined here on Saturday evening with friends and had a superb evening. Food was of the highest quality, service was excellent, lovely choice of wines, my only gripe would be that at 8pm they had run out of several things on the menu, moules being one (surely a signature dish for a French bistro) but on the whole a very pleasureable dining experience. We will retunr to try the moules

• Visited July 2013
UK
“It's a surprise”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Who would have expected to find this excellent French cafe in Cleethorpes. Judging by the coffee, food and service, the owner has got it just right. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Cleethorpes
“Lovely Anniversary Meal”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our visit on a Thursday evening in June was our first experience of this fairly new French Themed venue which is built inside the old Queens Hotel in the centre of Cleethorpes. Our table was the closest to the door, which was a little disappointing when they said they'd have to open the door for a few minutes to clear the air of cooking fumes from the kitchen! After a few minutes another customer closed the door. Once we had ordered our meals, we noticed quite a draft blowing through from the rear of the restaurant. My wife had to put a jacket on as a result of now feeling chilly!. We pointed this out to the waitress, and she quickly apologized and closed the rear door.
I have no idea if fumes from the kitchen is a regular occurrence, as this was our first visit. The remainder of our visit was very enjoyable, so to be honest I'd be prepared to give them the benefit of doubt. Even so, I would have thought kitchen extractor fans ought to be able to deal with fumes/smoke in the kitchen! - after all, opening the doors in a few months time in winter, isn't going to much of an experience for diners!
We both ordered meals from the specials card on the table. I had chicken, chips (fries)and salad, my wife had steak chips and salad. My chicken was already cut into slices, and was really enjoyable. My wife regularly has steak, and although she said this wasn't the best she'd had, it was without a doubt up there amongst the best!
My wife ordered creme brulee for desert. Now creme brulee is something she loves, and I just have on the odd occasion. However I tasted this one (made on the premises) and it was delicious ! My wife agreed too!
Both waitresses were came across as happy, polite, professional and were a credit to their employer.
After our meal, we went up stairs to a 1930's themed room. The decor featured large photos and murals of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers, along with other actors / actresses of the 30's Hollywood era. The room had its own bar, along with numerous tables. We ordered drinks ( a little dearer than local pub prices) but then we were treated to a live jazz band!
The band were amazing, as was the female vocalist. The violinist was incredible - Andy Aitchison -
Andy has worked with the celebrated gypsy guitar master, Lollo Meier, touring in the UK and Europe. More recently still, he has worked with Lollo in Italy with Lollo and numerous Italian players including Jacopo Martini and Attilio Troiano (winner of 2010 Italian Jazz Newcomer award).
The influences of Artie Shaw and Stephane Grappelli can be heard in Andy's playing – their unparalleled sense of swing, technical excellence and stylish arrangements are second to none.
A lovely evening for our wedding anniversary, and we will definitely visit again

• Visited June 2013