“Noisey and not very french”
Review of Petit Delight

Petit Delight
Ranked #13 of 144 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We use only the finest ingredients, expertly prepared by our top chefs.Our brasserie is styled upon a bustling Parisian brasserie, where naturally flowing 'joie de vivre' will enthuse family and friends as a great meeting place. With the focus being on top quality ingredients, great taste and friendly, attentive service, Petit Delight delivers delicious, vibrant, yet effortless results, in relaxed and informal settings.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Being a trendy and busy place, the music was obsolete as the volume of other diners was spoiling the meal.The rather loud party seemed to echo around the small dining area. Less busy it would be better or to open an outdoors dining area to place them in. We found less French cuisine on the menu and more mixed european. The frog legs were a amusing item. It's always a problem finding a place with a veggie selection for my partner. I was hoping for mussels in garlic butter sauce and ratatoue. The deep fried soft shell crab and the steak salad was excellent. More french music for abiance please. Less Base please. The best sweet is Tiramisu.

There are newer reviews for Petit Delight

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We dined as a party of 12 for our engagement, having heard goods reports locally.

The food was fab though those who had the steak found it tough and poor quality not to mention it was served without the peppercorn sauce! I had the Hake and couldn't fault it.

We were ask for a pre-order to minimise the waiting time between courses, what an absolute joke we waited an hour between finishing starters and our mains being served. One of our guests rang prior to our reservation to enquire about specials that for that evening and the response was and I quote "we do specials but in this instance its easier to say we don't".

Service was poor to say the least, we were not offered drinks at the table, there seemed to be a lack of staff, luckily we were seated near the bar so we ordered our own drinks and removed the empty glasses!!!

Overall we were all disappointed and my partner and I will never get a second chance to celebrate our engagement - I wouldn't recommend anyone celebrate a special occasion here as it isn't up to the task.

I did contact management regarding our experience and apparently as we all seemed to be having a good time she found it difficult to believe we'd had a disappointing experience.

2  Thank meandtheoldman
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have been meaning to visit for some time now and finally made it on saturday night . First impressions were excellent , lovely place and friendly service but sadly the quality of the food didnt match . Starter of fishcakes was a let down , pretty bland in my opinion .Both my girlfriend and myself went for the steak main course and were disappointed firstly with the size and secondly it was rather chewy . The desserts were nice but nothing special so all in all i left a little bit underwhelmed . It wasnt bad but on the other hand it wasnt anything to rush back for . Shame really because our waitress was so nice and the place had a lovely ambience

1  Thank pkscouse
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have eaten here on a couple of occasions, staff are always friendly and welcoming. They are currently undergoing refurbishment(23/06/14), and at the moment you have to eat at the upstairs restaurant. The choice of the menu is not over extensive which for me is a good thing, menu's can be confusing when too much choice is available. The food is very tasty and you can tell good quality ingredients are used.

I can highly recommend this eatery!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

First of all I'd point out that the service was very good. Staff prepared to accept lunch order that was not on the menu and also allow for drinks to be tasted before accepting full order. Also the the atmosphere was pleasant. We were there for lunch so it was not bustling, but I can imagine that with a lively evening crowd and with stylish decor the atmosphere would be very good. This is probably where the the compliments end. Every positive dining experience has to be underpinned with good food, and quite frankly this fell way short. The order was a plan fish goujons and chips, but the fish was sloppy, diminutive and tasteless. Added to which a 10 GBP price tag for a lunch main and this was not good value. Far better go to Steels for proper fish and chips. There was a sign stating the kitchens were under renovation...... But the diner should not lose out as a consequence. I've heard such good things about this place, but quite honestly I will not be rushing back.

2  Thank Paul C