“Good food - shame about lack of communication about prices!”
Review of Meze - CLOSED

Meze
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were a large party of 36 that had to pre book meals before we arrived, this wasn't a problem however the menu they have us to book from was differently priced to the menu inside the restaurant, so when it came to paying it was a shock! The meal I had chosen was not even on this menu and it appeared that they had plucked a price out of thin air! This should have been explained at the time of booking in order to avoid any embarrassment. However the food was lovely meals came out together just would be nice if the ladies behind the bar could occasionally smile! The only other fault was the promise of a bottle of wine with 4 meals however this soon changed because of the amount of us there - don't advertise what you can't produce! Won't be going again!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

32 of us went for a hen night the food was excellent we had to pre order due to the numbers and leave a deposit the service on the other had was appalling everything felt rushed we had all ordered starters and mains but not desserts no one was asked if we would like one the bill was brought and an argument was started over what was paid it was sorted they could have made a lot of money won't go back what a shame as said before food was good

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

If you like nice food but you don't mind if the service is bad then I would recommend the restaurant. I ordered calamari for a starter and when it came there was no tartar sauce. I asked the waiter where the sauce is and he looked at the menu and went back to the kitchen. He came back and told me there's no tartar sauce left. Thanks for informing me when I placed my order!! Next, my Seabass came with chips even though I did ask to swap it for rice. When I mentioned this to the waiter he looked at me as though I never did ask for swap. I had to remind him the 3 mins conversation I had with him earlier regarding different type of rice! When he took it back into the kitchen and came back out again with the rice, it was hardly worth it! I had less than a fistful of rice. To be honest I think what they had done was swap the chips over to my friends plate and then transferred the rice from my friends plate to mine (yep, they got my friends order wrong too! She had asked for chips instead of rice). My friend ordered a plate of salad without peppers. Guess what came with the salad when it arrived?! Yes that's right, peppers! My friend was sat looking towards the kitchen and she could see the disgusted looks on their faces when we sent our food in.
To sum it all up, I would not recommend the restaurant at all only to my enemies! Yes, the food was nice, the decor was nice. It was the attitude of the staff. Remember, your paying for food as well as the service. I will not be coming back to this place again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

When received drinks ordered, wrong drinks delivered, when ordering food we asked if we could swap from chips to rice on one dish and vice versa on another dish, we were told this was not a problem, also asked for the salad without peppers, when the food arrived the salad had peppers and the rice and chips was on the wrong plates, when asked if we could have it as we ordered it, when it was taken back to the kitchen the chef was obviously not happy, it was obvious they were talking about us (4 members of staff at this point) then I could see him chucking things on the plate, we all felt uncomfortable after that, there were also other things but not going to go on and on, let's just say I will not be recommending them or ever going back

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I was staying in cleethorpes on business so went here on my own, the food was amazing-I don't know what they put the their hummus but it was the best id had!!
Would definately go back!