“Outstanding”

Description: Fish and Chip restaurant and take away
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was good friday and We was waiting to go into the reataraunt but thought we would go for takeaway instead,well the the service and food was excellent,the lad down the front frying produced piping hot food wich was excellent the fish was cooked to perfection,would highly recommened seaway 10/10

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Bishopkkkkkk

Grimsby
“Awful would never go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The service was disgusting practically got started on because of my order being wrong, didn't get time to fully say what our order was before she walked away and still got the order wrong, disgusting how the staff talked and food was that bad I wouldn't feed it too my dog and when asking for scraps got snapped at very quickly there aren't any never going back

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Anonymous124sea
Doncaster
“Overall disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

After visiting cleethorpes late this afternoon with friends we decided to eat in at this specific restaurant and as soon as we walked in it was horrendous, just a few bullet points at how bad the customer service and food was.....

*we weren't shown to a table just shouted to "go over there"

*the manager then made us feel uncomfortable when we sat somewhere she didn't want us to be (giving funny looks and mumbling under her breath)

*she took half our order then walked off without asking if complete (it wasn't)

* we had no cutlery/condiments on our table so when food did arrive we had to wait for these causing food to go colder then it already was

*the sausages were plastic like and really hard to cut/chew like they'd been cooked about 5 times

* LASTLY, throughout our whole time there other staff members were hoovering and dusting other tables whilst we was eating which wasn't pleasant as the noise from the Hoover blocked out chit chat amongst friends during dinner and the smell of cleaning products/Polish was really off putting!!!!!!

Just thought I'd share my views at how unhappy I was with the service and food and p.s I'm now feeling very under the weather and cannot stop being sick - got to blame the food

Enjoy!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Courtney C
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“NO FISH IN THE FISH 'N' CHIPS !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I'll start by stating that i don't like slating businesses.Its hard enough to make a living without the pressure of internet reviewers, but I really have to put my views across.
This is the first time I'd tried them and have seen the large queues on previous visits to Cleethorpes, so I thought we were in for a treat... I wish I hadn't bothered.
Upon sitting down, I commented to my wife about the huge pile of waste food on the plates on the table next to us. I know now why this was.
After 30 minutes (30 minutes !!! I can make a curry in 30 minutes), our fish 'n' chips x4 arrived, (£22 with a pot 'o' tea) 2 adults and 2 kids. i started to chop up my 7 year old's fish to help cool it...... wait a minute, wheres the fish ?? All batter and tail end!. I alerted a member of staff who tutted and blamed the kitchen (obviously hoping I wouldn't say anything)..She brought a 2nd meal which wasn't much better than the first.
Anyway, we all tuck in..
All the chips were dry and 50% sharp ends.the adults fish looked impressive but was double dipped in batter and mostly tail end. Oh, and the bread was dry and not buttered to the edges neither...
Now I'm a typical hungry Yorkshireman who never leaves food...I left this meal as did my wife and 2 boys.. Poor service, poor food- poorly prepared.Scrimping on the fish in a fishing town like Grimsby is a sin.Its what people come for. Next time I'll go somewhere else!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Dazza B
“Revamp (papering over the cracks)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Before the revamp it was an outdated foul place to eat. Food wasnt worth feeding your dog. Not much has changed, staff are still dead behind the eyes, unfriendly and not worth passing the time of day with as this is their attitude anyway. Food is now overpriced cheap muck. Service is slow hence why you stand outside for an eternity. The dolphin round the corner is much better, better value and better taste.

• Visited March 2014