“Lovely family weekend”

The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 16 April 2008

For my family and myself I booked a weekend at the Dovedale Hotel, on arrival we recieved a warm and friendly welcome.
A very smart and modern hotel with a tastefully decorated reception, bar/lounge and restaurant.
Our good sized family room was very comfortable and clean with all the room facilites required e.g. large 32" freeview tv, excellent for young children.
We had a full english breakfast and later in the day lunch which was served by efficient and attentive staff.
Overall we enjoyed our weekend at the Dovedale and hope to make a return visit sometime soon.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Manc24

Reviewed 12 April 2008

Myself and my partner stayed at the Dovedale last month. As a young couple we came to cleethorpes for a night out. We booked this hotel as it looked like the best place after doing a little research online. On arrival we received a lovely warm welcome and the room (4 poster with jacuzzi) was lovely, very spacious and clean, maintained to a high standard. The bar area and restaurant are very cosy and welcoming and the staff are discreet and professional. i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning on a break in cleethorpes. Thankyou Dovedale we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 19,821
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Well, this is a strange one, possibly one of my hardest reviews.
I booked the dovedale for myself and family, I was going to watch my team play in a nearby town so decided to take in some sea air with the family at the same time.
there is'nt much chioce in cleethorpes and this advitised a family room so that was good enough for me.
on arrivel, we parked out the back (not a lot of space) and with in 20 seconds a rowdy party of people had bumped into my car and hit another, not the hotels fault but no lighting out the back.
we made our way inside and was quite suprised as what looked a tatty over priced B&B on the outside falesly proclaiming itself to be a hotel was acualy very smart,modern and erm for sale?
So we booked in with ease and made our way to the room (family room up 2 flight of stairs and in to a very difficult to manovour coridoor, not easy with 2 kids a case and push chair)
the room was a let down by thestandards of the reception, altough clean, you could tell that the designer didnt have kids!
Plain wardrobe draws double bed and bunk bed, B&B style.
we were told on arivel that our room had a jacuzzi,to my mind though this would make up for the over priced room.
Infact it was a (loud ) wurlpool style bath misrepasenting itself.just to be petty, the taps were broken and had to use the bath for water!
we setled down for the night only to be woken up by a couple next door shouting and screaming (3am) by 3:15 it turn to crying and what sounded like abuse, my wife was scared and I had the kids so stayed put, we phoned reception (as all hotels have night porters, dont they?) and no answer, I 118118 the number for the hotel and phoned that, no answer, by 3:45 I had decided to phone the police, as I did so they couple left still rowing!
we struggled to get any sleep, and in the morning mentioned it to the reception, I was told I would get compensation.
That afternoon he came back to us to say the manager wasnt prepaired to give us anything. not even an opology!.
the manager didnt even speak to us, I didnt make a fuss and just put it down to one of them.
that afternoon we book a seat in the restruant as the menu looked good, we sat down and was given menus, now we have 2 kids who as Im sure your aware do not like to sit in one place for to long, we waited 45min for an empty restraunt before we were asked what we would like!! by this time my wife had gone upstairs with the kids so I phoned and asked what she wanted, I put the order in and she told me that the first 2 Item I ordered were not availible (great) and when I completed the order She told me that it would be a min of 15min before we could be seated!! Aghhh! so I canceld and went to the takeaway at the bottom of the street (very nice)
So, next day, I had booked the restraunt for a mothers day meal, I asked reception If I could have the room for and extra hour so We could get changed for our meal, I was told no and asked to leave the room half an hour earlier than stated!!
Now by this time I had befriended a member of staff and was told pre this request that nobody was booked into this room after us on this day, also the check in time is 2 oclock, check out time is 11 im sure 1 extra hour would'nd of hurt!
so I canceled the meal and left fealing very unpleased and ripped off by a B&B falesly pretendending to be a hotel.
Cleethorpes is an ok place for a day or so, If I stayed again It would be at Suger Suger which I found to a much higher standard to anything else here.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TheBossShop.co.uk
Reviewed 15 November 2007

Quite location just off the seafront although not much on-street parking! Appears to have been recently refurbished and overall quality of accomodation good. Good sized clean rooms, nice to have a jacuzzi/ shower and large flat screen TV in the rooms.
Good choice of reasonably priced food on the menu. Pleasant staff.

Would recommend

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 November 2007

This hotel has a contemporary / modern interior in the reception and restaurant area, looks as if it had been recently refurbished. Reasonably priced, as it included breakfast for two of us for around £70 – which was a full English breakfast.

Rooms were not quite as modern, but still well maintained and clean – tea making facilities and a comfy bed. Our room included a balcony and Jacuzzi bath. There was also an iron and ironing board!

Staff were friendly and helpful and happily arranged a taxi for us to near Grimsby.

Very convenient location, close to the promenade and there are some decent bars round the corner.

The restaurant looked nice with a good menu – would definitely want to go back and sample this if in the area again, as we didn’t get the chance this time.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TallTravellerUK
Reviewed 18 August 2007

Stopped in a family room in early august with my family not sheap but well worth it. Very clean and friendly enviroment, gives out a very relaxed atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 28 July 2007

Stayed at the Dovedale for 2 nights in June, and found the hotel to be very nice and a cut above the other hotels in the area.. Cleethorpes is very much an old fashioned seaside resort and most b&bs and hotels in the area reflect this, however The Dovedale was a modern alternative.. The reception and bar area were lovely for a drink before or after going out and all staff were efficient and friendly. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but it was very busy and seemed a popular choice..Our room had a four poster bed in it which was nice, room was quite small tho and the one downside was that the bed had a plastic sheet on it under the fitted sheet, which we took off almost immediately!! The bathroom was clean and spacious, with a jacquzi which was nice and it also had a shower too. Overall we enjoyed our stay and woud recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisi2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
0 mi away
The Yarborough Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#1 of 10 in Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!