“a must stay out standing”

The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 4 October 2013

if you are staying in cleethorpes you have to stay here, Are third stay now it just gets better every year, very nice rooms service breakfast you could not ask for more , we go to cleethorpes every year , just for the day , we find the real ale and fish and chips the best , i would advise you to get there early so you can get a parking space, which they dont mind ,but you cant book in until 14.00 the location is great .
my wife and myself are in are 40s but the hotel would suit all ages
would i stay again 100%
Allen & Deb

Room Tip: one of the rooms out the back door i think 28 29
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I couldn't fault the staff who were very hardworking and helpful so its shame that I found the hotel room a little disappointing after hearing good things about it. The four poster bed was almost as big as the room which meant it felt claustrophobic, the bed was also a bit wobbly and the woodwork scuffed around the frame. The bathroom was clean and spacious but there was nowhere to stand my toiletries. Had I paid the full rate for the hotel room and I didn't I would have been extremely disappointed. I would rate this as a good guest house rather than a quality hotel.
The bedroom, public areas and toilets were very clean and I might stay here again as it is very central but hopefully not in The four poster room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sevencakes
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Me and my family went for a day out in cleethorpes and came across this hotel. What a lovely place. We didn't stay in the hotel overnight so i can't comment in the rooms. The reception and bar area is modern and clean. We had a two course Sunday lunch which was fantastic. The best place to eat in cleethorpes. Really good value for money too.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Emma G
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay it was just for one night ,but it was a last minute late deal the room was cosy and the breakfast lovely,the hotel looks well from the outside with tables outside ,it is close to all the shops and the sea front

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Honeypot S
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Absolutely amazing place, I go all the time with my partner and every time is perfect the food is always beautiful. The staff are always so kind and happy really care for people's needs. I personally Havnt stayed in the rooms so don't know what there like I'm but I wouldn't listen to the bad reviews about the restaurant side because it's always perfect.

3  Thank Weather9
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on Wednesday night. Booked it last minute and found it a bit pricy but only hotel in area I could get a family room. Room was immaculate and had a double bed and bunk beds. And we had free parking and the hotel was just round the corner from the beach fabulous location. We didn't eat in the hotel and didn't make breakfast as in the week it is served from 7-9 which we found too early with having a late night. Fabulous recommended hotel will definitely return x

2  Thank KellyFlembo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Went for a birthday treat by friend for afternoon. What a joke. Two people in hotel yet took ages to take us to table. The cups and saucers and tea pot looked like it had been bought at a car boot
sale the cups and teapot were stained with tea stains that needed a good clean. Waitress brought teapot weak tea and found one tea bag in tea pot asked waitress we wanted another tea bag instead of taking teapot away and bringing another tea pot of tea waitress came wth a tea bag for us to put in teapot ourselves. Eventually sandwiches and scones came. Cheap bread,bought scones jam on scone and squirty pretend cream and cakes about an inch across. This cost us 9.99 pounds each. Wont go again.

7  Thank seascap
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
Brackenborough Hotel

Been to The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!