“a restful break in a very comfortble hotel”

Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
UK
“a restful break in a very comfortble hotel”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We have just returned from two days at the Kingsway in Cleethorpes. We were in one of the best rooms admittedly but it was very comfortable and good value too. Everything about our stay was just right, from the helpful, polite, cheerful staff for whom nothing was too much trouble, to the room, the food, the bar and the whole ambience of a family owned and managed hotel where everyone takes a pride in what they do. Even the weather co-operated and we had a lovely time.

Room Tip: I have stayed there before and have found that whether I need a single room, an economical double, o...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Nottingham
Reviewed 18 April 2012

fantastic restaurant and service, parking included but rooms were cold.
I stayed in 3 different parts of the hotel but all 3 rooms were cold and a little dated. TVs need upgrading

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I've lived in the area for a while and always heard about the Hotel. I went for a work's night out. It was busy and always appears to be busy (when I walk past it always seems crowded). It's an institution in the area. Really interesting to walk around inside and explore all the little areas you can sit and chat in privicy. I was a little dissapointed as it seemed over-priced. It was an expensive night out, the food was of a good standard. But I just didn't feel it was worth it. We were put into our own private room which was fab- as there was quite a lot of us. If money is no object, I suppose I would go back. But it just didn't seem value for money. Service was good, however at times it was difficult to find someone to serve drinks; it seemed all staff were serving meals at one point.

Room Tip: I did not stay in the Hotel. I used the restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Leeds
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The Kingsway Hotel
Situated on the front a short walk (10 minute stroll) from the town and the pier
The hotel is what I like to think of as the older style, having some character and individuality, some of the rooms look out to sea.
The hotel has good car parking facilities, some are under cover although there is a small charge for those. I have always easily found a parking space.
I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, admittedly only for one night bed & breakfast on each occasion. All the rooms I’ve had have been well kept and clean,
I can’t comment on the room maid service as I’ve never stayed long enough but
based on how well the hotel seems to be run I can’t see there being any problems.
The staff are friendly and always ready to be of help.
The breakfast is waitress served and very substantial, no complaints from me.
My stays have all been to do with business but I would think the hotel would be ideal for a holiday or weekend break.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank greyhound9
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Having heard an excellent reputation about the Kingsway Hotel in Cleethorpes for good food - I booked a table for my partner and myself for valentines day. I left it rather last minute (the day before, as I was hoping he'd booked it but alas no!) however managed to get a table for 9pm - rather late but worked out quite well as my partner works till late.
We arrived early and managed to get a parking space right outside the front door (bonus) and made our way to reception where we told a very polite receptionist of our reservation. She told us to make ourselves comfortable in the bar area whilst we waited. Inside it was very oldy worldy with beautiful art on the walls - very picturesque! It wasn't long after we sat down with our drinks that a waiter arrived to give us the evening menu to browse. Returning a good time afterwards with a pen and paper to take our order and then leading us through to our table - very professional service. We were happy that there was bread on the table as an appetizer, as we were starved! My partner ordered a starter, which which was homemade chicken liver and brandy pate and bread with a side salad, which he said was delicilous!
For mains, I had the duck - gorgeously cooked in a plum sauce with tatties and vegetables - nicely sliced into edible segments. Whilst my other half had beef with a cheese sauce, which he said was cooked to his liking - there wasn't any left!
I even had room for pudding, which I was glad for as there was a lemon cheesecake, which was scrumptuous! Staff were attentive even though it was the end of the evening and brought the food out in a very timely fashion so we didn't have to wait long. Left feeling full and happy with a wonderful experience of food and service :) Hopefully my partner will take me again one day, although a bit on the expensive side - the food is definately worth it for that special occasion and the oldy worldy feel is definately something we enjoyed!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland NZ
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I walked in off the street for this one - no booking. They had a room, and happy with the rate, stayed a couple of nights. Good brekky, secure car park and well, I'd be happy to stay again.
First rate staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here for one night and found the room to be comfortable and spacious. The bathroom had both a bath and a shower and was a really good size. Breakfast was a combination of buffet and cooked breakfast to order. The food was good and service was attentive and homely. This hotel is on the seafront and is well located for a walk along the beach in the morning. The service in the hotel was very good. The only downside was that it was quite a walk to the room and with luggage negotiating stairs was tiring.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Burlington Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
The Yarborough Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#5 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes? Share your experiences!