Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
  • Breakfast included
US$112
US$95
  • Breakfast included
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$98
PremierInn.com
Ginnie's(Cleethorpes)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssilver servicetraditional hotelold fashionedunder coverprivately owned hotelmelba toastundercover parkingoverlooking the seacreme bruleecomfortable hotelcourse evening mealchain hotelssea frontvaried menusunday lunchup to datelovely meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I dined here for our first wedding anniversary. The place was not too busy but mot empty enough to make you feel uncomfortable. We enjoyed drinks in the bar both before and after our meal.
The food was amazing and service was extremely attentive.
Highly recommended for a lovely evening out.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie D
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is a family run hotel and not part of a chain. It feels a little dated, however for the most part it is comfortable. There is car parking although there may be a charge for the part that is undercover.
The position is good on the seafront and within walking distance of a quite a few restaurants. I did not have an evening meal there, and it did look a little expensive. There was plenty of choice for breakfast, and the cooked breakfast look good and was freshly prepared.
The rooms are found along a rabbit warren of corridors with floors at different levels etc, typical of an old hotel that has been extended.

The room was comfortable, but a little chintzy. The en suite was ok, but the extraction fan was very noisy and the shower head over the bath a little broken and clogged up (Still serviceable)
The TV was quite small, but did have sky sports 1 and 2.
The WIFI was free, but was very inconsistent and final gave up the ghost on the second night.

Staff were friendly and pleasant.
I would stay there again, but it does feel a little in decline. Having said that it was quite busy so perhaps it has charms that I am missing.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2013

A much more individual experience than the norm, apparently this hotel has been family owned and run for a long time. The rooms are comfortable and a good size (I have now stayed in a couple of the double rooms and a single) the decor in the single had been refreshed a bit more recently than the doubles - and it had a better desk for working. Room decor is a bit 60's but the rooms are clean and warm with comfortable beds and good showers.
Have tried the restaurant for dinner once and it was good - but top end of the price range - and only one veggie choice. Breakfast is huge and good - no options like veggie sausages - but that doesn't matter so much with the size of the portions.
It's also within walking distance of most of the other restaurants in Cleethorpes - so it's easy to get a bit of variety if you are there for a few nights
Paying a corporate rate - so about the same as Premier Inn - and a completely different, and in my opinion, better experience. Helpful staff

Room Tip: If you can get a sea view.....
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Just before Christmas my family went for our Christmas annual treat to the Kingsway for lunch. It was very busy and when we got there at 12pm, even though we were not booked in until 12.30pm, there was only seating in the bar. The menu's were brought to us quickly and it was not long before we were escorted to our table.
Our starters were brought out quickly and they were two melon starters, a prawn cocktail and a pate with toast. Everybody was satisfied with the starter and then onto the main course of Turkey. I feel it would be better to leave the tureens on the table but instead you are served the vegetables, so no changing your mind!!
The desserts were lovely. I had a white chocolate cheescake which was divine and I definately would recommend.
Luckily there was now room in the lounge for coffee. The bill for four people, with three courses and coffees, came to over £100.
The Kingsway has an old fashioned feel with old fashioned values.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed here for the weekend to work and its the most relaxed 2 days I've had in a long time! It didn't feel like I was working.... I loved the decor, nooks and crannies, comfortable seating areas (non of that hard ultra modern ' trendy' furnishings!). it's quaint, warm and friendly and the staff are lovely. If you're looking for ultra modern soulless hotels then go somewhere else, If you want some peace and quiet away from city life and you're in this neck of the woods I'd advise you to come.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo