“Weekend Away”

Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I would like to thank the Managers and staff of this wonderful hotel for a very good stay. Five of us came down from the English borders for a night away. The room was very clean and in good condition. The food excellent, very good quality ingredients. But my highest praise is for the staff, I could not fault one of them, I can only think it must be a very good place to work. I can honestly say one of the best hotels I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miketob

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location. Some say a little 'dated' - probably is, bit it has yesteryear standard of quality and customer service attention that leaves others in the shade! a great cusp et experience and well worth visiting.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We visited the kingsway for a meal on valentines night.the food and service were outstanding,the food was of the highest quality,packed full of flavour all our courses were delicious.the silver service made our evening and I definitely felt spoilt.the kingsway has a traditional charm and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Jazbb
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I recently stayed here 2 nights for business. It was during an exceptionally cold weather period. The restaurant was lovely and the wait staff extremely attentive during both dinner and breakfast. Very very accomodating compared to other hotels I've been in. The food was excellent. One minor minor complaint - the breakfast menu was difficult to understand.

The room was large albeit awkward. Room 249 is at the top of a turret of stairs so I had to drag my case up a tight squeeze. The bath was redone however be careful if you're over 6 ft tall! It was an attic space made into a room. The wall to the next room(?) was very thin and while it didn't bother me, perhaps I bothered him during my stay :(. It had every amenity I could want except for more heat! I suppose it was extraordinarily cold so it wasn't built for this extreme.

I would definitely stay here again and eat at the hotel as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Boppers
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I dined here for our first wedding anniversary. The place was not too busy but mot empty enough to make you feel uncomfortable. We enjoyed drinks in the bar both before and after our meal.
The food was amazing and service was extremely attentive.
Highly recommended for a lovely evening out.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie D
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is a family run hotel and not part of a chain. It feels a little dated, however for the most part it is comfortable. There is car parking although there may be a charge for the part that is undercover.
The position is good on the seafront and within walking distance of a quite a few restaurants. I did not have an evening meal there, and it did look a little expensive. There was plenty of choice for breakfast, and the cooked breakfast look good and was freshly prepared.
The rooms are found along a rabbit warren of corridors with floors at different levels etc, typical of an old hotel that has been extended.

The room was comfortable, but a little chintzy. The en suite was ok, but the extraction fan was very noisy and the shower head over the bath a little broken and clogged up (Still serviceable)
The TV was quite small, but did have sky sports 1 and 2.
The WIFI was free, but was very inconsistent and final gave up the ghost on the second night.

Staff were friendly and pleasant.
I would stay there again, but it does feel a little in decline. Having said that it was quite busy so perhaps it has charms that I am missing.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2013

A much more individual experience than the norm, apparently this hotel has been family owned and run for a long time. The rooms are comfortable and a good size (I have now stayed in a couple of the double rooms and a single) the decor in the single had been refreshed a bit more recently than the doubles - and it had a better desk for working. Room decor is a bit 60's but the rooms are clean and warm with comfortable beds and good showers.
Have tried the restaurant for dinner once and it was good - but top end of the price range - and only one veggie choice. Breakfast is huge and good - no options like veggie sausages - but that doesn't matter so much with the size of the portions.
It's also within walking distance of most of the other restaurants in Cleethorpes - so it's easy to get a bit of variety if you are there for a few nights
Paying a corporate rate - so about the same as Premier Inn - and a completely different, and in my opinion, better experience. Helpful staff

Room Tip: If you can get a sea view.....
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
The Yarborough Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#1 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes? Share your experiences!