“Very Comfortable”

and 1 more site!
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Cleethorpes doesn't seem awash with quality hotels and so the Kingsway appears to be the default choice. That is by no means a bad thing, although on arrival the initial impression is that this is a dated establishment. However, if you can see past the chintz carpet and panelling in the lobby then the Kingsway is a pleasant surprise. On both of the occasions I have stayed here I have had a recently decorated room with comfortable furnishings, generously lined curtains and a modern bathroom. The dining room has interesting views across the mouth of the Humber towards Spurn Head which on a sunny June morning reclines like an island in the Aegean.

For me, however, the Kingsway's staff are the icing on the cake. The two ladies on duty at breakfast were a lovely introduction to another day of drudgery - they were effortlessly cheery and keen to assist. This was reinforced at checking-out when the lady on reception seemed to take a genuine interest in my (positive) comments. To me, there is no need whatsoever to stay in a formulaic, anonymous chain hotel when you can enjoy such service!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Flipper20

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We spent a Saturday night at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a lovely sea view, the food was delicious and not that expensive (best to book a table as restaurant is very popular) and the staff could not do enough for us. We will certainly go back again and again and again............

Room Tip: Just ask for a sea view as there is no problem with traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I would like to thank the Managers and staff of this wonderful hotel for a very good stay. Five of us came down from the English borders for a night away. The room was very clean and in good condition. The food excellent, very good quality ingredients. But my highest praise is for the staff, I could not fault one of them, I can only think it must be a very good place to work. I can honestly say one of the best hotels I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miketob
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location. Some say a little 'dated' - probably is, bit it has yesteryear standard of quality and customer service attention that leaves others in the shade! a great cusp et experience and well worth visiting.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We visited the kingsway for a meal on valentines night.the food and service were outstanding,the food was of the highest quality,packed full of flavour all our courses were delicious.the silver service made our evening and I definitely felt spoilt.the kingsway has a traditional charm and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Jazbb
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I recently stayed here 2 nights for business. It was during an exceptionally cold weather period. The restaurant was lovely and the wait staff extremely attentive during both dinner and breakfast. Very very accomodating compared to other hotels I've been in. The food was excellent. One minor minor complaint - the breakfast menu was difficult to understand.

The room was large albeit awkward. Room 249 is at the top of a turret of stairs so I had to drag my case up a tight squeeze. The bath was redone however be careful if you're over 6 ft tall! It was an attic space made into a room. The wall to the next room(?) was very thin and while it didn't bother me, perhaps I bothered him during my stay :(. It had every amenity I could want except for more heat! I suppose it was extraordinarily cold so it wasn't built for this extreme.

I would definitely stay here again and eat at the hotel as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Boppers
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I dined here for our first wedding anniversary. The place was not too busy but mot empty enough to make you feel uncomfortable. We enjoyed drinks in the bar both before and after our meal.
The food was amazing and service was extremely attentive.
Highly recommended for a lovely evening out.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Burlington Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
The Yarborough Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#1 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes? Share your experiences!