“fantastic would recommend”

Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 27 August 2013

the rooms are very nice.the breakfast is very nice. staff is very friendly. towels are very thick and heavy we stopped in 142 and the room was very nice but it didn't have a seaview but we were very satisfied with the room. tea coffee making facilities and complimentary shampoo and shower gels. men need long trousers for lunch and dinner. the bar is open all day and night if you want. . . .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 August 2013

If you are looking to rekindle a childhood experience you may have had visiting Cleethorpes then this hotel is probably ideal as there doesn't seem to much change since its opening (well apart from the addition of what seems to be 10" flat screen TV, which in all honestly looks comical mounted on the wall).

Ignoring the rooms and hotel structure, the staff are very friendly and hotel is in a great location with parking. There is a very nice restaurant (little expensive but good service) offering two menus.

Although some people may find the original décor in the Kinsgway Hotel desirable and intentional. I however find it outdated. It's the small things like only power socket in the room that disappoints me in some hotel rooms.

I tend to travel frequently with work and the existence of single beds is slowly dying off but I was reunited with one here.

I think a complete revamp of the hotel would see it comfortably safe for future. Otherwise I fear the lack of investment in the hotel will it dwindle away to the modern hotels popping up, like The Burlington.

Each to their own though. I can understand how this hotel might be someone's up of tea!

Room Tip: Sea view room would be the nicest rooms but I imagine these would be more expensive
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Was in the area on business and had this hotel recommended. I found it very clean, room was comfortable and every member of staff was very friendly and helpful. Car parking at the back. Bar and restaurant lacked any atmosphere. Rate for the evening was good value. Opportunity for nice run along the promenade and close by the leisure pool.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I enjoyed my visit here very much. The entire hotel was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. Service was good and so was its location just by the sea and Cleethorpes city center. We didn't technically have a room with a sea view but could still get a partial view which was a nice surprise. Only complaint I have is that the free WiFi only seemed to work on one day of the three nights we spent there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I didn't know much about Cleepthorpes so booked this hotel mainly on location.

Though my stay was brief, every member of staff was very friendly. Lots of nice touches- such as tea and coffee facilities had plenty of milk. Sounds a rather weird thing to notice but I stay in a lot of hotels and it's the annoying when you have only 2 tiny tubs of milk.

So there's lots of nice attention to detail- breakfast was excellent. Will stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We have just had two nights in this hotel, and it was just great. Some might call it old fashioned but for good service from friendly and efficient staff, good breakfast lunch and dinner, good wine list, comfortable bar and lounges, super bedroom, it suited us well. We were in room 127 which has just been refurbished, and we liked it a lot. Light and airy, restful colours, comfortable bed, it had all we wanted as well as a view of the estuary.
i can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband grew up in Cleethorpes and said that he and his brother would walk past the Kingsway and wonder if they would ever stay there. His wish came true as we have now stayed in the Kingsway twice and this time had a room with a view of the Humber estuary which we enjoyed. Although the entrance is a little dated, the rooms are modern , clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are modern, spacious and very clean with great big fluffy towels. The breakfasts are very English and plentiful. The staff are great and when we had to leave early with no time for breakfast, they made us sandwiches to take on the train which we enjoyed very much. We will certainly stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suki07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
The Yarborough Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#1 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes? Share your experiences!