Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Free Breakfast
Studio-47(Cleethorpes)
Wellow Hotel(Cleethorpes)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssilver servicetraditional hotelold fashioneda family run hotelmelba toasta sea view roomunder covercreme bruleesea frontsunday lunchlovely mealexecutive roombreakfast was excellentenjoyable staybooked this hotelstayed for one nightmy mum
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for two nights again. We really love this place. Wonderful sea view bedrooms, Spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. Did not have evening meals here as they were full (a good sign) but breakfasts were excellent with good service. Reception staff were helpful and friendly as was the owner.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just spent a few days here , it seems to be one of the best hotels in Cleethorpes.
We had a sea view room which obviously you pay extra for but looking into some of the other rooms when the maids were cleaning them they looked just as nice but they didn't have the same view. We were fortunate to have a bath and a separate walk in shower , all very clean.
The breakfast was good with very bubbly staff in contrast to the evening staff of the restaurant. The evening meal was good, all the tables were dressed immaculately and we had proper melba toast on the table, haven't seen that in years.
I ordered the seafood salad for starters and for the main we both had steak medallions which were cooked just as we ordered. With this there were plenty of vegetables with the carrots and new potatoes peeled as they seem too lazy to do that anymore in most restaurants. As well as new potatoes we also got mash and a dish of chips each, wow, far too much but as it was silver service we could always say enough.

The only downfall to all this was that the dining room was deadly quite, no atmosphere at all, not even a little background music. I'm not one for boisterous restaurants but this was going to the other extreme , even sitting in the lounge near the bar it was too quiet for comfort. The waiting staff in the restaurant seemed like clockwork zombies , I'm sure they are good at their job but it all felt a bit uncomfortable.
Having said all that we would go back again and probably eat out.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Comfortable. That is the word that springs to mind. The hotel has a garage to the rear which is not something that you get much these days. The welcome is warm and genuine and the desk staff were friendly and had plenty of local knowledge, I had a great, well equipped, room on the second floor with views of the beach. Everything worked as it should and although the decor was a bit 1980's it was in good order.

The hospitality was a bit 1980's as well and I mean that as a compliment. People had time for you, the barman (you could call them that in the 1980's) had been there for 30 year and was dressed in a dinner suit. I sat in the corner of the bar and observed him greet what were obviously many local regular diners, always a good sign and one of the best accolades a hotel restaurant can have.

This was a place to relax and enjoy the company of friends. I opted for room service and being picky asked if I could have an item from the restaurant menu and an item, from the room service menu. As expected, they did not even blink. No rushing off to ask the manager, no drama because the till analytics were not programmed to facilitate that, just good old fashioned hotel keeping - the guest comes first.

The food was a of excellent quality and it arrived within 15 minutes. The bed was comfortable. The water was hot. The room heating worked. The wifi connected without drama, fuss or need to create an account and join a mailing list. I had to skip breakfast as I was up and out very early, which in a way disappointed me as I was looking forward to it.

I hope that they keep things just the way they are.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room at the front. The view is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Pomtiddly
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed at the Kingsway for two nights over holiday weekend. Traditional hotel looking after residents. Excellent sea front location and secure parking behind...for a nominal fee.. Room clean and tidy with the best views.. although it did have an oudour I still can't work out?... Breakfast is well cooked and adequate...however we did have a few small issues but I'm sure it was staff training that morning! We required a bottle of fizz to enjoy the view before dinner on Sunday, which was delivered chilled to our room...been residents .Overall we had a very enjoyable weekend and the staff pleasant and accommodating. Would definitely return and recommend

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinandLou
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Very very disappointed with the meal. I ordered a risotto although it was nice parts of it was cold. The main was Catalan chicken it wasn’t nice at all, firstly the topping was describe as a sauce, it was more like a ragu the onions not chopped they were large chunks, the potatoes not cooked they were sent back. We had a meal there last year which was really very nice so very upset this time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple