“Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 25 Cleethorpes B&B and Inns
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I've stayed at Tudor Terrace about a dozen times over the last year or so and it is superb. Nick and Maria put so much care and attention into looking after us. Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are great and beautifully decorated but it's worth staying just for the breakfast - I recommend the Haddock Florentine or the Eggs Benedict Royale - but they are just a small part of what's on offer. All this and the sea is just a few yards away - with a view from several of the rooms. Make sure you book early - they are always busy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed here for one night, and was very impressed (tho I didnt get a dressing gown or chocolate!). It is clean, with comtemporary decor, modern and friendly. My room was on the ground floor - a double room for disabled guests-though I did not request it. Plenty of wardrobe space, a walk in shower, and self closing toilet seat. The bed was a bit hard, the pillows well filled, not really very comfortable for me, but as I was only there for one night it didnt matter to me. Nice range of coffees and plenty of sugar in my room, and takeaway toiletries! The room was double glazed to a high standard - I couldnt hear anything in the street outside. It is less than 20 yards from the sea front, and very easy to find. All in all very happy with my room.
Breakfast was excellent - I ordered the lincolnshire breakfast (sausage, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and fried egg) and it was delicious. All the other guests around me were commenting on how nice their breakfasts were too, and the host couldnt do enough to make sure everyone was catered for. The dining room is modern, light and I didnt feel fussed over, and there was a wide range of hot and cold choices.
Although it is a guest house, it has the feel of a hotel - the room was very well thought out, hosts were friendly and helpful, and check in and out easy. I would thoroughly recommend - the price was very good for the stay. If you are visiting Cleethorpes, or the surrounding area - chose the Tudor Terrace Guest House, honest, you wont be disappointed. I wasnt, and I am a very fussy guest!

Room Tip: I was on ground floor, no view, but suitable for disabled guests.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

My father and I stayed here for 4 nights. This is the first time I have stayed in an English guest house and was astonished at the quality of the rooms and the truly world class level of service. I have stayed in 5 star hotels that did not offer the attention that we received. For example, the owners have invested in a complete range of recharging equipment for whatever tablet or phone you may have (and if you have left your recharger in Dubai as I had). We also had to request half portions of meals by the end of our stay as the servings were so generous. 10 out of 10 for quality, 10 out of 10 for value and 20 out of 10 for the wonderful attention and genuine warmth and hospitality that was shown us.

Room Tip: Room 3 has ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

We just stayed for a Saturday night in February because it was close to a venue we were going to. Customer service was excellent, nicely decorated rooms and bathrooms. Great breakfast and little chocolate in the dressing gown was a nice touch. Would recommend!

• Stayed February 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I booked this primeraly as it was close to a function I was to attend and I am very happy that I did. On arrival I was made to feel very welcome and the room I was to stay in was very clean, spacious and the bathroom was a good size as well.

Asked for some local directions and was sent to a very nice place to spend the afternoon before going out later. Situated just of the main front, Tudor Terrace is perfect for getting out and about in Cleethorpes.

The breakfast menu was excellent with a wide range of very good looking items all freshly prepared and served beautifully

Since this was a business trip and a place picked off the internet I think it is a good reflection on tudor Terrace it was exactly as it said on the tin.

Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Considering this place is marketed as a budget bed & breakfast, it is incredibly surprising how well this place is run. The room we stayed in was immaculately clean, and the décor was refreshingly modern, with some very nice little touches here and there. The bathroom was very nice, with some very high quality finishes. They even provide some high end toiletries, putting other guest houses to shame where you count yourself lucky if you get a bar of soap!

Breakfast was to a high standard, with staff bending over backwards to make sure everything was to your taste. Nothing was too much trouble for these people.

I can highly recommend this place, well done on running such an excellent guest house.

Room Tip: In my opinion all rooms seemed to be of a high quality.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
sussex, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

Immaculately clean, very friendly professional owners, nothing is too much trouble & they are unflappable, great food (!) cooked to suit you. And only a few yards from the seafront.

A very personal experience & a welcome respite from the average business stay.

I like staying here.