“A great find and very good value for money”

Tudor Terrace Guest House
Ranked #2 of 25 Cleethorpes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We stayed at the Tudor Terrace Guest House with our friends and booked two rooms . Internet research was the main reason we chose this place and we checked out Tripadvisor reviews before booking. We were put off booking some of the best hotels in Cleethorpes by lack of parking. However, we found the Tudor Terrace with 100% recommendations and no parking restrictions outside.

The Guest House exceeded our expectations. The decor of the rooms created a luxurious ambience and little extras added to this. We received a friendly welcome from Maria and an excellent breakfast.

Good location in quiet road just off seafront.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2010

a very friendly modern guest house.plenty of facilities in rooms.excellent staff.I would recommend this guest house & I would not hesitate to book a room again

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2009

The Tudor Terrace is one of those little serendipitous discoveries that one comes across from time to to time.

Tucked away in a side street, but only 10 metres or so from the Seafront Promenade this has "Location,Location,Location" as its main statement.

However the owners have taken it a stage further. This is the large end terrace house of these typical Victorian Tudor Style Cleethorpes residences. All the period tiling, floors, stained glass have been retained and enhanced by modern slate, cool vanilla fabrics, warm browns, quality furniture and quirky (but not too quirky) artefacts around the place. A stunning decking area makes the best use of the smallish side garden. I cannot think how I could have achieved the design of this guest house better myself.

Parking on street , free, directly outside. I think this could get busy in high season. I imagine the owners have a solution to this for you.

I was in a ground floor double which is specified for disabled access. It seems to tick all the boxes for this purpose (although I am not disabled - the only room they had left) Wide doors, wet-room shower etc. The nice thing was that it did not feel "hospitally" - I only twigged it was a DA room after an hour or so. And the extra space is most welcome for all guests using this room.

Nick was most informative about local Cleethorpes restaurants, however as it was absolutely chucking it down, I did not venture far and ate at the Agrah Indian - (I actually love provincial Indian restaurants - if the carpet has a seriously disturbing pattern - you know you have found a good one).

Breakfast was very Gourmet. Rather special without being silly. A few 5 star hotels I have breakfasted in could learn a thing or two from the Tudor Terrace.

I managed to break the outside door handle and make off with the room key in my pocket (which I returned) so it is unlikely I will be able to return, but if you should find yourself heading for Grimsby or Cleethorpes - the Tudor Terrace is the "it-place".

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank SirBrianMiddleton
Reviewed 5 August 2009

After passing through Grimsby , which didn't look too good at all , it was a very pleasant surprise to find this lovely, well appointed B & B in Cleethorpes. Maria was very helpful, rooms were sizable and the breakfast was first class. Has the potential to be a top class stopover... probably already is.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2009

I have stayed here several times and it's very good. On the first visits Jancie & David runned the place. Now it's their daughter. They are all very friendly. Great, quite location. Top class accomodation. Warmly recommended.

Reviewed 4 September 2008

Normally i have to stay in a travel-inn as the business has an account there. This time due to late arrangements it was full.I was out of the comfort zone! I scoured the internet for hotels in the grimsby area and was mortified by some of the reviews!
After twenty minutes i plumped for the Tudor Terrace Guest House. Encouraged by a high review score, i was nevertheless a bit scared!

I need not have worried!

From the moment i got there, until I left it was superb!

Spotlessly clean, lots of the little extra`s that make you feel you are in the best of hotels, comfortable room, excellent powerful shower and breakfast was excellent. And above all incredible value for money. i cannot reccomend it highly enough. I was just dissapointed it was a one night business stay and not a longer leisure break!

so, go ahead, book with confidence,,,,you will not regret it!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank NorthamptonPhil
Reviewed 28 April 2008

Stayed in the Tudor Terrace as we were going to see a show at the Grimsby Auditorium.

The B&B itself certainly earned it's 4* awards. It was a beautiful little oasis. Incredibly clean, gorgeous decor, beautiful room, lovely bathroom (with powerful shower), comfy bed and very accommodating hosts.

What more can you ask for?

I certainly didn't expect to find such a lovely B&B and we will be returning without a doubt.

The finishing touch for me was a very tasty gluten free breakfast!!!!!!

I can't reccommend this place enough.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple