“NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!”

Wellow Hotel
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

When we arrived at the overrated wellow.we checked into our room to discover what can only be described as dry seamen on the sheets and dry sick down the edge of the bed.we informed the manager we want to change rooms as this was not satisfactry to high standards.he told us that they was fully booked and can only have our sheets changed and bed cleaned.me & my wife had a meal in the restraunt to the wellow the service was quick but the mixed combo sharer was all over cooked and burnt.we didnt want to kick up a fuss so ordered our mains.i had chicken skewers that was like eating cold leather and the wife had chicken burrito and can honestly say ive eaten better frozen burritos from a cheap freezer shop.we will never stop there again and can offer my expirience to anyone thinking of staying there.many regards. p.s i also have photos of the stained bed sheets and filthy accomidation that i will put on when i work out how to do so

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank terminatorbeebe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Immingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Half way through eating a meal my friend discovered a dead bug in her food. She isn't as kind as me and didn't want to complain. The waitress even looked revolted. I kept gagging afterwards. As for my meal, I ordered a medium-rare steak with Diane sauce, peas and chips. I got a blue steak with luke-warm Diane sauce, hard and cold peas and cold chips. The next morning around 3, I woke up crying in a lot of pain and after visiting the doctors after 5 hours of agony, my doctor confirmed it was food poisoning and gave me some strong pain relievers. I'm no food critic, I'm a 19 year old girl whose diet consists of KFC's and fish and chips. I don't care for posh food but when I spend £15 for this rubbish meal and 2 cokes, I felt annoyed. It's believed I got the food poisoning from the gone off cream within the Diane sauce. I will never be visiting this restaurant again. It wasn't a busy day and I believe the well of service (besides the waitresses) was appalling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kayleigh327

Travellers are raving about these Cleethorpes hotels

Cleethorpes
Reviewed 24 March 2014

They were very busy but we weren't informed of a waiting time at the bar we had to wait over an hour for food and then when the food arrived it was lukewarm and it didn't look that appetising when we complained and asked to speak to the manager we were informed that the assistant manager was too busy to speak to us and we were advised to fill in the feedback form on their website we will not be eating there again

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Nealy460
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Tabels are dirty bar staff unfreindly and ignorent.toilets was dirty,with toilet roll on sanitry waste bin witch I find un satisfactory . cutlery that is served with meal is very dirty and as one of us was eating finger food we was only given 1napkin and had to ask for more and only got another two.glasses was very dirty and I wouldnt recommend going there as only had stomach problems since being there.i use to recomend this place till the last visit and since the arrogance of the staff and premises are going down hill I would advise to stay away. You now know why its all cheap . Terrible place now time for a change

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

PRO's

The accommodation is out dated and could use a face lift, however, removing this and the rooms are clean with a comfortable bed (rated alongside Premier Inn standard of bed). The central heating is on but just, so the blow air unit came in very handy. The rooms are quiet and on the night we stayed a disco was in full swing below us in the pub which did not disturb us sleeping.

Overall, this is a clean cheap and cheerful place to rest your head and at £25 per single room, £35 for a double and family rooms available room only (add £4.99 for a full English breakfast) I will be staying here again.

CON's

This hotel is not disabled person friendly, with all rooms situated upstairs (2 flights of stairs) and no lift available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank learningzone26
North West England
Reviewed 26 November 2013

As has been said by previous members, a great value overnight stay. Whilst being pretty dated, the rooms are clean, warm and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had everything one would expect and the shower is a real drencher - such a change from running arounnd trying to get wet! Downstairs is a typical 1970's family pub which seems to be taking note of the Wetherspoons model. Good no nonsense food and, as an unexpected treat, three real ales on the go. I particularly enjoyed the "Golden Hen." Only downside was the rather intrusive music - something the aformentioned chain do not have.
All in all a cheap pub/restaurant/hotel combination offering great value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FluffChucker
Armthorpe
Reviewed 8 May 2013

First time we been here, The service was great, the food was lovely. Wasn't till we looked that it was part of the Hungry Horse. The food was lovely and a quick service everything was on the table before the food came so i had a hot meal. out side is seating area and kids play area.Or they can go on the castle but had to pay extra for them. But over all very good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Thredders
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Burlington Hotel
The Beeches Hotel
The Beeches Hotel
#10 of 10 in Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to Wellow Hotel? Share your experiences!