“Best in lincolnshire”

Cuisines: Italian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in lincolnshire”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Tryed this place saturday night .We'd heard alot about how good the pizza, s were so my friend ordered the pollo kiev a folded pizza stuffed with chicken breast mushrooms and garlic topped with cheese and tomato it smelt fantastic and my friend said it was the best tasting pizza he'd ever had and being italian thats some comment.I ordered a rack of ribs , this I might add was huge literally hanging over the plate this was chargrilled in the best marinade ive ever tasted. The ribs just fell away from the bone absolutely fantastic. This place is a proper taste sensation . Couldn't believe that there's only one chef to feed the whole restaurant according to the waiting staff they never get any complants at all even when it's packed . I'd recomend this place to anyone brilliant.

1 Thank xyzad

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stumbled upon this place almost by accident whilst on a day trip and I am so glad we did.

I am not a resident to the local area so cannot say for certain but it must be newly opened by the decor. Upon walking in we were greeted warmly by the chef and our children were given paper and colouring crayons to occupy them whilst they waited for the food.

Upon looking through the menu we saw that was a special offer of £6 for a childs three courses including a drink, then buy one get one free. £6 to feed two children! We ordered and wondered what the quality would be like but we were pleasantly suprised and both kids emptied their plates.

My wife and I got rib eye steak, half rack of ribs and a beer for £12.50, again on a special. Again I was very impressed, I have had worse steaks in some very good restaurants. If you are visiting the seaside and are looking for a family friendly place to eat, this should be your first port of call!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent value - superb staff - homemade food!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I took my two children (5 and 11) to Elmo's after visiting the nearby Magical Castle, as a final treat for the day. On entering the restaurant we were immediately greeted by the staff, who instantly made us feel welcome.

The decor is quite plain and simple, with the Italian colours being washed across the smooth plaster, and neat tables and chairs being spaced about without being too near the next. In one corner near the smart toilets are displays of children's artwork, and the waitress made a point of putting my children's work up for all to see. Crayons and paper provided meant two occupied, happy children! The kitchen is open, so you can see your food being prepared, and you can see who clean, tidy and well organised it is.

The menu is quite stripped back from a lot of 'mass-produced' Italians - with a good range of choice - but not cluttered with so many dishes that the chef would simply microwave!
In fact the menu consisted of locally sourced products and homemade delights - including the sweets!

My son had two sausages with chips. He loved them as they were a favorite local butchers! The chips weren't homemade - the only disappointment - as I always think if you have a chef as talented as the one here who makes fantastic food... why not make homemade double cooked chips or wedges! Still, the chips were well cooked and soon disappeared from my son's plate!

My daughter went for spaghetti bolognaise - a huge plateful, which was very tasty. It was a little too much for her, and on future visits I will ask for half portions! (I don't like to waste food!)

I had pizza with homemade meatballs. A thin, non-greasy pizza with some quality mince balls on top - perfect!

We went for a lunch offer - so also had puddings. Chocolate fudge cake and Tiramisu - both served with ice cream and drizzled artistically with chocolate sauce.
Empty plates again! Another family had pancakes for pudding - and they smelt and looked gorgeous... and nothing was left on their plates!

All of the time we were looked after by a chef and a waitress, who made sure everything was alright.

Between us we had four drinks - and when the bill came it was only just over £20.

I have already recommended this restaurant to others, and will certainly be visiting again - maybe to try something from the specials board? Or a steak? mmmmmmmm!

A minor annoyance was when a diner went outside to smoke, and like most smokers stood immediately outside the front door (which was open) the fumes drifted in. Not the restaurant's fault, but I would sit away from the doors next time!

All in all, a very pleasant meal and the service was as good as any high class restaurant in a city. High food hygiene ratings (4 Stars at the moment). Definitely worth a look!

Oh... and after a visit you are given a card that gives you 10% off your next visit... and it also lets you enter a free draw to win meals for 4! Top that!

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Night out with a group of friends”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Lovely bistro style ambience to the place except it was not very busy during our visit. However the service and quality of food was excellent. There is a good range of dishes on the menu with everything homemade and prices are very reasonable. A variety of dishes was ordered by the party and everyone commented how delicious their meal had been. The owner came over to talk to us to inform of us of his lunchtime menu and was charming. It is a recently opened resturant and if he continues to offer the same level of service and quality of food I hope as the season commences he builds up a good business

• Visited March 2013