Review of The magical castle

The magical castle
Reviewed 26 March 2014

First time I've ever been, we have a caravan on Thorpe park now we have children, my son is 11 month and my oldest is nearly two. I thought it was fantastic the meals weren't too expensive. It has
More things for
Younger children than any other playarea I've been too. I thought
It was fantastic and children friendly!!! Even I had fun running around
After my kids. Would recommend it for
Any parents even for
Young babies. Wish we had one
In Halifax.

"great fun"
in 9 reviews
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 17 November 2013

probably the biggest kids play area around. the place is usually very busy and very noisy and very stressful for most of the adults, who keep having to rescue their kids who are stuck, crying or getting trampled on by older kids. however, my kids always love coming here and dont want to leave afterwards. the place is better since it changed from playtowers, with more seating available. the place always seems a bit grubby, but all ball parks seem like this, probably because theres hundreds of sweaty dribbling kids around. the cafe is reasonably priced, athough the coffees are a bit small. we have been here for kids paties before and they seem well organised and the food is good. overall, remember if the kids enjoy it, thats the important thing

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Just been to a party at the magical castle.The little ones were so ex cited when they got in, absolutely loads of stuff forthem to play on and a nice area for the adults to sit and drink really good coffee.Our party organiser was called Beth, she was superb and had the patience of a saint sorting out all problems and feeding all the kids too without them needing to come back to us at all.It was all very good value and the kids left tired out and happy.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

really big adventure play park for kids (indoor) only a couple of stops from the camp about 3-4 minute trip,kids loved it

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hi we have just returned from a few days in cleethorpes and our children visited the magic castle while we were there. It was a really good play area. We have a 5.5 year old and a 2.5 year old. Both loved it. It's on about 4 levels with slides and tunnels etc. brilliant for the kids. Other reviews said seating was lacking for parents but I've been to other soft play centres that were much worse. I felt the adult seating was great. Comfy sofas and tables to have a coffee or something to eat. Plus a little cafe to buy a hot drink. Great!
It was just under £10 for entrance fee so a bit pricier than other centres but worth the extra money as we weeny given a time limit to be in there as we stayed around 2 hours.
There are certain areas that the younger children are not allowed into unless accompanied by an adult so if you have a child under 3 I'd wear trousers ad something cool on top as you will be crawling through tunnels chasing after your child!
The only negative I have about the magic castle is the lack of responsibility from other parents. There were children I'd say around 7 years old in the toddler/baby section trashing( pulling the bumpers away from the walls/ throwing all the balls out of area etc) when we were there which was a shame. But this wasn't the fault of the magic castle. Other parents just weeny keeping a close enough eye on their children. Highly recommend a trip there and would def go back if we lived close by.