“Disgusted!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Disgusted!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I travelled from Sleaford for a family reunion after having not seen my family for 6 years ,we placed our order at 2.15pm on the 1 march there was 12 adults and two toddlers eating,we were advised that there would be a little wait which was expected as it was quite full there,when our meals arrived at 3.15 well...what could I say! The chips were cremated :( not edible at all I complained to the waiting staff who took two plates away to change for us only to come back n say the chef will make fresh chips n bring them out start eating the rest of ur meal! The two babies meals were burnt how could they eat the pathetic excuse of a meal! I went to move my egg off my burnt gammon well..the egg was over cooked the little plastic ones u get in children's play food looks more edible!! I then asked to speak to the manager to get this sorted as everyone was hungry..upset and getting irate ,the supervisor came over and was very polite and apologised and said he would refund us all apart from one if my sisters as she was happy with her all day breakfast,but then he came back and said we couldn't have a refund at all so I demanded the manager ...who promptly came over with an arrogant attitude ,told us we couldn't have a full refund because two of the children had eaten a little of their burgers ..they were very hungry at this point..my two yr old nephew had tried to eat a bit of fish finger that was so hard you could knock it on the table!!so he couldn't be refunded:( ...all I can say is this place shouldn't be serving in edible food like this !i wil be going to trading standards and speaking to head office about this...it ruined what should of been a memorable day for our family very upset indeed!!! PLEASE DONT EAT HERE!!!

2 Thank Ruejue

“Terrible ”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Too busy
I asked for only salad and no onion rings with steak..
My meal came out with onion rings and chips!
Steak was fatty.
Food was cheap though.. You do get what you pay for but I will say this.. Again it would be lovely to go somewhere were the food is cheap and good :/
I wouldn't return here the chips are dry as hell and it is all very slap dash..
I asked for a bottle of water And got given a pint glass which was mucky with murky warm water...

grimsby
“Got told off for smoking an ecig”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Leave this place if you Vape. Not allowed electronic cigarettes and you have to wait hours for poor food.

2 Thank chris f
Cleethorpes
“Reasonable value fast food”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Service very prompt even when busy and average quality pub-chain food.Steak poor quality and usually overcooked Several real ales available but best depart before 2100 on Saturdays unless interested in Bingo!If you have little time the speed of service is a plus and prices are very competitive.

Visited January 2014
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Having been in the Wellow before, I was utterly shocked to be told by a very embarrassed looking staff member before it had even got to 9 pm, that we had to take our children home before 10.30 pm on New Years Eve, (our kids were sat very quietly aged 12-15 yrs) our family group consisted of 14 people in total, and we have often spend hundreds of pounds in this pub each month between us, the so called boss didn't even have the balls to tell us himself, he is killing the atmosphere in there, I believe he acted unlawfully when he took over the pub recently he knew their favourable prize bingo nights were advertised as big prizes during December and regulars were duped into buying more tickets than usual having been mislead that there would be a fantastic prize like a PS4 or equivalent available on the last Sunday of December. this did not happen and the staff were told to spend a fraction of this cost on all the prizes for the night. This is false advertising!! the boss is an absolute joke and Greene King need to act urgently before the pub closes from lack of use. To offend your locals the way you have is an absolute disgrace and you should go back to where you came from. Food is bought prepacked and mostly microwaved and the poor staff have lost all morale from the poor management. The decor has become tired and very dirty, the chairs are often stained and it's difficult to find clean ones to sit on. Can't wait for the new place to open up down the road, Greene king DO SOMETHING BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

Visited December 2013