“Tea at Harvey's very impressed”
Review of Harveys - CLOSED

Harveys
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went to Harvey's for tea between 3pm and 4pm I have to say i was very surprised at the standard of food,we chose from the burger menu,when it arrived I was very surprised to see a high quality of food every thing fresh burger succulent not the normal run of the mill burger,we'll presented very good value for money,staff very helpful ,manageress very polite we'll organised and friendly,a credit to Harvey's,will be returning again with the family in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I went to Harvey's on a Saturday afternoon. It wasn't busy but yet we asked 3-4 times at the bar if we could order food. We we're told they were very busy but someone would come over. 2 hours later I asked a passing waitress if I could order and she didn't even know we had been waiting!! The food is lovely and great value but the service lets this place down.They can't cope with a few tables so definitely wouldn't go when busy.

2  Thank dnoodle1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Where to start with Harveys, I regularly go for a drink with friends on a Friday or Saturday evening.
Cocktails are half price before 9pm but beware it will take anything up to 20 minutes to get your drink even if your order is taken straight away. Also the cocktails are nothing like real cocktails you'd find in a city cocktail bar, they are cheap and boozy but lack any class.

The reserved tables are a joke, you will go into the bar to find several tables reserved for people coming to eat. When they arrive you will often find a table that could seat 8 or 10 being taken by 2 diners.

The food is OK, nothing special but cheap enough but you can find yourself waiting a good hour for food on busy evenings. The staff are great, the manageress particularly so and they do their best with poor organisation.

The good - nice place, great staff, cheap enough.
The bad - reserved tables for diners on busy evenings ruining it for everyone else, they really should either find room upstairs for diners or give up on food at busy times. Riverside does the food thing so much better but I guess they have more space with the upstairs dining area.

Suggestion - take cocktail orders and make the cocktails up in the kitchen, the bar is far too crowded, might be an idea to advise people of the wait for cocktails too as a lot of people are getting seriously pee'd off with the wait. Maybe have half the bar for normal drink orders and the other half for cocktails as this causes confusion with people wanting a beer and seeing so many in front of them waiting for cocktails.

basically decide what you want the bar to be a food outlet or a bar, it is falling over itself trying to be both.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've eaten here 3 times now and lost count of the recommendations I've made. There really isn't anything in Cleethorpes to rival this place for its value right now. I am surprised the owners are the same as the Coach House because I don't like that place at all.

The menu is quite day timey, but they do only serve up to 8pm so I guess that fits. You can expect pizzas, burgers, Panini's, share platters, pasta and more so something for every palette. Very generous portions so go hungry. The prices are so reasonable, most dishes are under £10. They also have half priced cocktails up to 9pm and they are delicious.
Service is always excellent too, the girls are lovely.

Will be back again at the end of the month. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were looking for somewhere to go on an early Friday evening without children and this ticked the boxes.

We had food which was excellent, calamari followed by a baked Camembert sharing platter. We had a couple of cocktails which were just 'ok' and no more than a drink in a glass rather than a bit kore of a show as a cocktail should be.

Great wine selection and lots of wines by the glass if you don't want a full bottle.

A good mix of people of all ages