“restaurant review”

Cuisines: Italian, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

when to Harvey's for a bit of lunch poor ordered 2 panninis chicken dry burnt after we had waited half hour to be served this was the first time we had food at Harvey's will not be going back sent the food back got my money back looking at the reviews some people don't have my standard or the chef is a jeckill hyde also I person serving behind the bar 10 mnts wait

2  Thank michael e
There are newer reviews for Harveys

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the bar to order food to be told someone will come out to take our order 10 minutes later the bar man came out to take our order we ordered 2 meatballs.. 30 minutes later food arrived it was 2 meat boards!! The bar man argued with me to say thats what i ordered! He took the meals away.. we didn't get told anything that was happening.. 30 minutes later again! The meatballs arrived.. a bit of spaghetti and a few meatballs in a bowl cold may i add! After waiting for an hour i was not impressed by what we received! Then an hour after we had eaten another member of staff arrived with our bill i told her what had been the problem as no one else had been over she slammed the bill on the table and said 'what do you want me to do?'.. in the end she took one meal off the bill!not impressed at all! Working in the industry myself i know what customer service skills are needed to please unsatisfied customers.. the staff in this place haven't a clue!

3  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went to Harvey's for tea between 3pm and 4pm I have to say i was very surprised at the standard of food,we chose from the burger menu,when it arrived I was very surprised to see a high quality of food every thing fresh burger succulent not the normal run of the mill burger,we'll presented very good value for money,staff very helpful ,manageress very polite we'll organised and friendly,a credit to Harvey's,will be returning again with the family in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I went to Harvey's on a Saturday afternoon. It wasn't busy but yet we asked 3-4 times at the bar if we could order food. We we're told they were very busy but someone would come over. 2 hours later I asked a passing waitress if I could order and she didn't even know we had been waiting!! The food is lovely and great value but the service lets this place down.They can't cope with a few tables so definitely wouldn't go when busy.

2  Thank dnoodle1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Where to start with Harveys, I regularly go for a drink with friends on a Friday or Saturday evening.
Cocktails are half price before 9pm but beware it will take anything up to 20 minutes to get your drink even if your order is taken straight away. Also the cocktails are nothing like real cocktails you'd find in a city cocktail bar, they are cheap and boozy but lack any class.

The reserved tables are a joke, you will go into the bar to find several tables reserved for people coming to eat. When they arrive you will often find a table that could seat 8 or 10 being taken by 2 diners.

The food is OK, nothing special but cheap enough but you can find yourself waiting a good hour for food on busy evenings. The staff are great, the manageress particularly so and they do their best with poor organisation.

The good - nice place, great staff, cheap enough.
The bad - reserved tables for diners on busy evenings ruining it for everyone else, they really should either find room upstairs for diners or give up on food at busy times. Riverside does the food thing so much better but I guess they have more space with the upstairs dining area.

Suggestion - take cocktail orders and make the cocktails up in the kitchen, the bar is far too crowded, might be an idea to advise people of the wait for cocktails too as a lot of people are getting seriously pee'd off with the wait. Maybe have half the bar for normal drink orders and the other half for cocktails as this causes confusion with people wanting a beer and seeing so many in front of them waiting for cocktails.

basically decide what you want the bar to be a food outlet or a bar, it is falling over itself trying to be both.