“fantastic little place!”

Ranked #26 of 148 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$3 - US$41
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Macys Lounge is inspired by the iconic images of Audrey Hepburn in the classic film Breakfast at Tiffany's this is a beautiful New York, Fifth Avenue styled restaurant and bar. Set in the picturesque setting in the heart of Seaview Street, Cleethorpes, we are open 7 days a week, serving traditional British cuisine.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had our lunch here with my husband and daughter and and went in due to how spacious it seemed and the sign on the door welcoming breastfeeding parents and pushchairs. Very impressed with the cleanliness, service and the food was outstanding. As regular visitors to Cleethorpes we will most definitely be returning as we felt it was extremely good value for money.

1  Thank Kimberley P
PrincessChef, Manager at Macys Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank for taking the time to write a review, and also for your positive response. We have put a lot of time and effort in recently to update the menu & the décor, and make the Macys Lounge experience enjoyable for all.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I had lunch here and it was very nice ,I had a salmon& cream cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread which was lovely it came with a fresh side salad,my hubby opted for a chicken&stuffing panini with side salad & it came with a little jug of gravy the chicken was nicely cooked as was the stuffing ,we shared a bowl of rustic chips which were piping hot &delicious .the staff were nice & the service efficent ,the decor is lovely and the place is spotless . will be coming back to try the evening menu

1  Thank frenchy1962_11

Thank you for your review. The front of house staff and the chefs were thrilled to read it. It makes all the hard work of the last few months worth it.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I visited this place on its re-launch with my brother in law and his wife. Brother in law a regular, second visit for my wife and I. Dreadful meal other 3 had lasagne etc dry and tasteless.I had curry with rice side of chips. Curry sauce ! looked and tasted as if out of a jar ran off the fork and very thin .Rice congealed and side of chips soft greasy and smelled of cooking oil ,sent them back 3 times still no better so left them.NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN COMPLAINING MADE NOT 1 IOTA OF DIFFERENCE. Have read the other reviews perhaps I'm a bit picky I DON'T THINK SO .ONCE AGAIN DREADFUL .

4  Thank rumblebum166
PrincessChef, Manager at Macys Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment during your recent visit and I was shocked to hear how unhappy you were with the food you received.
I can assure you that our curry is fresh and the chefs make the paste from scratch. The curry takes 24 hours to make, soaking the nuts and spices, then carefully blending into a sauce. The lasagne is made fresh everyday also, and is the recipe we have used since opening.
We sold out of both the lasagne and curry on that night and we had compliments on both, which I find even more perplexing.
We have spent a lot of time over the past few months refining our menu and creating dishes with our chefs that we knew our customers would love.
You are more than welcome to come chat with our chefs and watch them prep for any of our dishes.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I are here ( newly names macys) last week and what a fabulous meal. I had the belly pork to start and it was a delight. My partner had kiln smoked salmon and he loved it. Mains were of perfect proportion and were very tasty, the seasonal character of the food working perfectly with the climate. We opted for a cheese board to finish and were overjoyed to see the restaurant was supporting local business for it's produce, even down to the pan de higo (fig cake) that we hadn't seen on a uk cheeseboard before. Overall it was a great night and the food is very reasonably priced. We will def go again.
Well done to the Macys team

1  Thank wk-gy
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were invited to an evening to sample the new renamed ( Macys) revised menu. All i can say is what a transformation. The food was amazing, well done to Jamie in the kitchen & the team what a talent.The staff were so confident in the produce coming from the kitchen & there is no wonder, this showed in the waitress service which was friendly & helpfull.Once word gets around about the standard of the freshly made dishes & superb flavours it will be a must to book. The menu is reasonably priced & even if it is something you have not tried before give it a go as some people on our table tried things they normally would not like & found them delicious. All round value for money, for amazing food. Give it a go you will not be dissapointed.

2  Thank Rob C