“Never again”

Ranked #26 of 148 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$3 - US$40
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Macys Lounge is inspired by the iconic images of Audrey Hepburn in the classic film Breakfast at Tiffany's this is a beautiful New York, Fifth Avenue styled restaurant and bar. Set in the picturesque setting in the heart of Seaview Street, Cleethorpes, we are open 7 days a week, serving traditional British cuisine.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went with a friend and her baby last week for lunch.
I ordered a jacket potatoe cheese and coleslaw and my friend a chicken and bacon salad.
It took 45 minutes to come and when it arrived it looked ok on the surface but started eating and my friends salad and my accompanying salad was very wet yet the cucumber bone dry - not freshly cut. There was hardy and chicken or bacon on her salad and was very dry no dressings offered either. My potato had a huge black chunk in it which had been covered over with horrible plasticy orange cheese. The potato was what I can only describe as having the texture of a hardboiled egg it was disgusting I don't know how a jacket can go so wrong.
I left all of my potato and ate some of the skin and the coleslaw which was ok.
The waitress asked me if everything was okay with my meal at the end and I said it was not very nice and I didn't enjoy it , the waitress also relayed this to the manager who didn't seem that bothered. No discount given or even an alternative offered.
Looking around other people were also picking through their food.
I think with petit delight and Marples either side of this cafe they need to up the standard of their food especially if they can't get a salad or jacket potato right!
Sorry for the rant but it was really awful and I'm mad I even paid to be honest!!

5  Thank Laura81287

Reviewed 8 May 2014

First time visiting macys today, went there for lunch and have to say that I really enjoyed my time there, the food came out looking brilliant and tasted as good as it looked. I had to Times Square burger and you can tell they are homemade burgers as they fall to part as you are eating them. The staff there are ever so polite and talkative, the young ginger waiter has a lovely, bubbly personality which helps you relax and enjoy yourself. Would 100% recommend and will be seeing you soon maceys :)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

went for lunch and it was excellent, friendly staff good food and at the right price. the new look interior is excellent, and clean. i had a chicken meal, chips and latte all of which was spot on.i will be going again miles better than dated old marples.

1  Thank Vollot
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were treated to lunch by my son in law . There were 5 of us , 4 adults and 1 child.

Food was very good ,we had omelettes and salad and the boys had steak pie with chips and peas Prices were very reasonable.

Nice surroundings, we had fun talking about the pictures of old time actors that were on the walls. The staff were friendly and welcoming.
Service was a little slow and our 4 year old granddaughter was very patient but did get a bit bored,however it was a bank holiday and they were nearly full.
Would definitely go back again.

PrincessChef, Manager at Macys Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review, we were pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and the new surroundings.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went into Macy's recently after reading an article in The Telegraph about some New York style food coming to Cleethorpes. I must say that while the place has been done nicely and service was OK, it was all pretty tasteless. It didn't appear to me to have that authentic New York feel either. I might give it another go at some point but what a disappointment for a first visit.

Thank-you for taking the time to review Macys Lounge, we welcome all feedback from our customers as it allows us to grow and improve.
We have recently spent a lot of time working on our menu, with the launch of the new burger range, and we have a lot more coming over the next few weeks. We have had excellent feedback on many of the new dishes, and have already built a loyal customer base in a short period of time.
We do hope you will return in the near future to sample some of these new items.