“Steak on a plate” 5 of 5 bubbles

Steak Easy
Ranked #41 of 137 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Thai, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cleethorpes
“Steak on a plate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The steak come on a Hot Plate for you to stop cooking or continue until the steak is just right for you - great idea as I like a steak without blood - but cooked slowly and tender. Also comes with home made chips and salad. Nice staff.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chic13

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to steak easy for a bit of tea, my first impressions where that the place hadn't had a million pound spent on it and it did have a shaby sheek look to it, the waitress's where quick to see to us and show us to a seat. The menu is very simple, we decided to have the 2 rump steaks for £15 surprisingly tasty with next to no fat on, it was served on a hot plate which I thought was quirky. I had peppercorn sauce it had a bit of a curry kick to it I enjoyed it. For the quality of steak and the speed to get seated the price of the food is very reasonable.
Me and my girlfriend was very happy and I would return for more, might even push the boat out and get a fillet next time.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We had the prawns and the scampi for starters, with the prawns being particularly tasty. I would definitely have these again. We had the steak for mains with a side of onion rings. The steak was an excellent cut of meat and a absolute bargain. I found the salad to be tasty, the chips and onion rings nice as well. The staff were friendly and attentive. This is a no frills kind of place that doesn't have details like candles on the table or a wine list, but the important thing is the quality of the food. I would definitely return

2 Thank Julie W
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were let down by our intended restaurant, and as a group of 7 were concerned about finding somewhere to eat at the last minute. I rang Steak Easy, and they fitted us in.

The king prawn starter was delicious, although we could have done with some bread to dip into the garlic butter at the bottom of the bowl.

My main (steak) came on a sizzling stone, which I loved as it meant I got to eat my steak perfectly cooked and warm until it was finished. The salad was nice - had grapes and other bits of fruit in, which made it different from a typical salad. We were told that the meat comes from a local butcher, and you can tell it's good quality.

The drinks were really well priced, and everyone in our group really enjoyed themselves. The staff are lovely and welcoming too, so they helped us turn what could have been a bit of a disastrous night into a really positive evening.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic food & a warm friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

After disappointment earlier in the evening my friends and I decided to come here for our hen party. The staff were so friendly and accommodating, and the food was fantastic! I have a wheat intolerance and although it took a little while to explain, the lady taking our order couldn't do more to help me with finding out if anything I wanted had wheat at all. The starter I had was King Prawns and they were simply delicious. Served with mushrooms in a slightly Thai spice infused butter. For my main course I had the Rump Steak, and although I don't eat chips & actually didn't think about the fact I have another allergy which effected the salad, the steak was so big & tasty that it alone made a superb main course, we had a wonderful fun night, and I can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2014