Sugar Sugar
US$120
US$108
US$84
  • Breakfast included
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
US$53
Ginnie's(Cleethorpes)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbar downstairswhite roomearly nightmoroccan roommini fridgea bit tiredbooked a family roombed was very comfortable
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The room was clean and tidy but the layout was awful. The bed is situated next to low beams on the ceiling which everyday I got up I hit my head on them which is extremely painful. The noise from the bar below makes it impossible to get any sort of sleep until around 2:30am which for anyone is just a disturbance.We paid for a luxury room under the impression you get breakfast but as it turns out you don't which it clearly states on the website here; http://www.sugar-sugar.co.uk/sugar/rooms/warhol.htm but if you ring up it says you don't so that shows a lack of management if they can't even control a simple fact like that. The keys are shocking never worked. Staff dont arrive till midday or later. I will never return there again but cleethorpes as a place i cant fault.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Me and my partner stayed in the Warhol Suite at this hotel in the August bank holiday. The break away started off very well, the staff were friendly and the room was nice and clean. From there things started to go wrong, first of all we found out you don't get breakfast, when it clearly says on the website you do in all luxury suites. Then our hotel key stopped working, we had to go downstairs to get it sorted roughly 5 times. The music down below was rather loud, and being on top floor, I felt sorry for the people just above it. On the last day, we had to check out at 11, and just popped out in the morning, and when we came back we couldn't get through to the door, staff would never get there until gone 11 o'clock, and in cases like that, I think it's out of order. I had a good break away, but I will never step foot in that hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here on a friday night as we wanted to go out in cleethorpes. on checking in we were greeted by the manageress who we found extremely friendly helpful she sorted us out and showed us to our rooms which i must say are fantastic. you will not find rooms anywhere else in cleethorpes like these we had the white room play lounge and budda and they were all spotlessy clean and wonderfully different to anywhere we have stayed before. we drank in the bar which had a live band playing and some wonderful cocktails were being served. all the staff were nice but a special thanks to the manageress who i'm sure if you meet her you will agree is an asset to the place. we will definetly be returning very soon

Room Tip: the warhol and white room have round beds that are huge and so comfy
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2011

First of all the rooms are very clean so no complaints on housekeeping !
No reception I had to Q at bar.. Arrived at one pm told can't get room till 3 .. Fair point .. Asked where we cld park ... Anywhere we could get a space was advice ...1 hour and 20 mins later we parked but had to car in two hours ! Car moved 4 times in 24 hoursso as not to get a ticket !.. BAD !! Room hot asked for fan ... Stood again at bar to be seen as no reception .. Sorry none !!.... I was asked if the windows were open !?... No leaflets in room about if there was a breakfast facility not offered any !!
You are given a card to let u in and that's it .. You see no one unless u go to bar !! Very central for pubs .. Some like Tryst Who were on to
2.30 am ... :0(.. 5 am. Deliveries
commence to Sainsburys etc.. :0(
Car moved again At 6 am ... Up and on our way home at 9 .. Never saw any staff !! This was a present for my birthday and my husband n I did enjoy our visit. To Cleethorpes .. But back to The Wellow for us !!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Smiler1951
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This hotel is a great example of someone having the guts to put their money where their mouth is - but then unfortunately not having enough money to deliver the vision. The reviews here show a mixed selection - some people love the idea and the themed rooms which in fairness I thought were great. I stayed here twice last year, once in Warhol and once in Bhudda and both rooms, for a £65 a night hotel were great. However, the "theming" is only skin deep and the fixtures and fittings were a bit cheap. Warhol overlooks the market square and yes, I stayed on the day when the market kicked off at 6am the next day so sleep was limited. Bhudda is at the back - well sort of side and back really - and to the side there is an Indian restaurant which at first makes you feel very hungry, and after a while becomes just an intrusive smell. Plus, all of the waiters seemed to meet and chat in the alley between the two buildings. Having said all that however, let's be reasonable here. This is a value hotel where the owners have put the effort in to do something a bit different and full credit to them for that. The staff were nice and friendly and when all is said and done, if you really want peace and tranquility then you are a wee bit niave to book a hotel in Cleethorpes with a "Market Square" address! The seond time I stayed I was with a mate and we got some drinks in and enjoyed what turned out to be a great Indian next door. Believe me, for £65 a night there are a thousand and one worse places to stay. Must admit though that ther lack of a car park was of concern but in the end the car was fine so all was well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business