“I suggest you read this...”
Review of Sugar Sugar

Sugar Sugar
Ranked #24 of 25 Cleethorpes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2013

On our arrival we were greeted by a polite lady who showed us to our room and both me and my fiancée were pleased we had got the Warhol Suite which is the one we had wanted. The interior was decorated brilliantly and the idea of having all different themes is awesome. The round bed was the main focus of this room, not only was it comfy but it had furry and silky sheets on it (and its also makes a change to the same old four sides). We stayed on a friday night so were expecting to be up til late in the bar anyway, at around 2am after a great night around cleethorpes it was nice to just stumble through a door and up the stairs to bed...where the pro's of the circle bed really kicked in haha. There was still slight noise from the bar downstairs but not unbearable or making your ears bleed as people are making out. We took a chance on this hotel after reading reviews and were pleasantly surprised, so much so that were booked in again in April this time in the Victoria suite. My only advice is that you dont stay here if:
1. You're on business
2. You're miserable

And finally 3. If you're just not that into people shouting 'TEN POUND OF BANANAS NAAA FIFTY PEA!'

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank scotty182

Reviewed 26 August 2012

If you read the many negative reviews, believe them.
The concept of a themed hotel above a bar may appear to be chic and sexy, in reality it's an utter disaster.
You cannot get to sleep until after 3am due to the music from the bar.
The room standard is fine but the noise level is deafening.
We really cannot see how anyone(even party animals) can relish a stay at this establishment. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Smartluggage
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed there in 2008 and was very suprised to find that the hotel still exists. Paid £100 for 1 night and never went back to Cleethorpes ever again because the stay was so awful. Noise from the pub downstairs til 3am then street cleaning trucks came at 6am, tacky rooms, no complimentary toiletries, towels or tea & coffee. The reception guy did not give eye contact when we checked in and out. Go elsewhere if you want value for money and a decent stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the white room, its defiantly in need of a refurbishment! Stains all over cushions on bed, on the sofa and rugs! Stains on the walls too!! Its just really cheap and shabby! Couldn't get much sleep due to the so called bar downstairs which sounds more like a night club!! We go woke up at 7 o' clock due to noise in the corridor. No parking at all, so you have to pay to stay in another car park and be up by 8am to go and put more money in machine so your car doesnt get clamped! Location is good and close to the centre but wouldn't go again unless I planned on staying up all night and partying.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lyndsey17
Reviewed 3 June 2012

hiya me and the girlfriend went for the weekend and didn't get any sleep at all we were staying for 2 nights and ended up coming home after 1 night because we couldn't sleep!. There is a Bar which becomes a NIGHT CLUB!!!! underneath the hotel and it goes on till 4am in the morning which is not good at all and then at 6-30am in the morning when you can get some sleep you get the market going on!!. Really nice room and staff are top draw, but no parking at all so don't go unless you want to party all night!!. They said they were going 2 give us a full refund but they have said vouchers giving us a 1 night break in the week as the club shuts at 11pm from Steve and Sarah from Leicester, enjoy if u go!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steven s
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The worst experience ever!!!! Room very dirty, loud and uncomfortable bed. Couldn't get any sleep. I been informed on my arrival that i can park outside the hotel until 8am. At 6am i could hear some noises, when looked outside my car was surrounded with the flower market!!!!!! I find £80.00 parking ticket.... lucky my car wasn't removed!!!No breakfast!!!Shower didn't work and when i decide to have bath it was only cold water!! Is just unbelievable that absolutely everything in that place was wrong! I m traveling very often for a business so i stay in different hotels.I have never experience anything like that before!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank izabela P
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I'm coming to the end of a short 2 night stay having been on business in the area. I only wish I had read the reviews of other guests before booking - the clue to my dissatisfaction is the fact that the hotel is above a lively bar. unfortunately for me, despite my room being located on the top floor, the thumping music and loud vocals from the bar PA over the past 2 evenings have trashed my chances of getting off to an early sleep after 2 very long working days. Last night (Thursday) was karaoke night. I really did want to get my head down by about 10pm but in the end resorted to staying up late and watching programmes on BBC I Player whilst wearing my noise cancelling headphones which work brilliantly on planes but even they couldn't mask the noise from below. Finally at midnight, as the crowd joined in for 1 last song (Slades "So Here It Is Merry Christmas"!!) the night fell silent and I got some sleep. Other than this issue, the room has been fine although would have benefitted from a decent mattress on the bed and the mastic in the bathroom is mouldy and perished in places so without the nose I would have rated my stay 7:10. with the noise - sorry but a quite hotel room is a must for me and will never been achieved above a noisy bar so it's 0:10 although I do partly blame myself for not doing my research properly.

Room Tip: Read all of the reviews and only book if you are not bothered about loud musinc late into the night.