“Really rather good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Grimsby, NE Lincs, UK
“Really rather good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having business at Cleethorpes Town Hall, I called here for lunch - a pint of Sharp's Doom Bar and a steak & onion sandwich, served with chips & a small salad. Pleasant friendly service from behind the bar and the food was served very swiftly, which was much appreciated as my schedule was tight. Beer was excellent, as was the food, the steak cooked exactly as requested.

Surroundings are very pleasant - I can imagine it's a popular place in the evening & at weekends but the relative lunchtime calm suited me after an intense morning with a similar afternoon awaiting!

Highly recommended. :-)

• Visited July 2014

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Took the wife here for dinner. We ordered steak and chips which was beautifully cooked came to the table piping hot. Chips were lovely and fresh none of that frozen rubbish will definitely visit again,also very reasonably priced!!

3 Thank adam j
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“about time Cleethorpes had a place like this”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lovely surroundings and a beautiful sun trsp of a beer garden. Now that they are doing food it is even better. The range of drinks is very well targetted and the food is just right

Visited July 2014
East Coast UK
“Simple and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very welcoming and very clean. Nice and simple menu with most bases covered. We opted for the Homemade Steak and Ale pie. We were told it would 10 minutes because it was just ready to come out of the oven.
Well worth the wait, freshly cooked homemade chips, fresh veg and extra pot of gravy each.

When we spoke to the girl who served us, she said it had recently been taken over and the chap had introduced the food.

We both agreed that it was indeed to be added to our list of regular eateries.

• Visited June 2014
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“New little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just had lunch at Howard's, I'm lucky to be treated to lunch by my Mum every Monday. I heard Howard's were starting serving food from today, so we decided to give it a go. And we are so pleased that we did. The menu is a 'taster' of what's to come once it is established, but we were very impressed nonetheless.
I chose homemade burger which comes with real, yes real, pealed and cut potato chips, salad and an onion relish which was refreshingly different to the usual blob of greasy fried onions, in fact it was absolutely gorgeous. My Mum chose gammon and pineapple which comes with those gorgeous chips, mushrooms and grilled tomato. She said it was delicious. Two other diners reported that their meals were also superb.
Howard's has a little courtyard around the back which I was reliably informed we can bring our dogs into.
I will certainly be back very soon and would recommend this place to everyone

• Visited June 2014