“Lovely food and friendly staff”
Review of Decks

Decks
Ranked #93 of 143 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British
“Lovely food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at decks at 11.45am, just missing breakfast. The lady at the front explained that we could have cakes,scones or cookies, and lunch would be available at 12. Obviously a place that is based on hot plate service cannot have breakfast and lunch on at the same time. It was explained that we could be shown to a table and have our drinks brought to us whilst we relaxed before lunch. That was great as we hate to be rushed. We had unlimited cold drinks and when the food was ready it was amazing. The price was great!! The waitress brought pictures and crayons for my daughter which kept her happy. We couldnt have asked for any more. Highly recommended. We will become regulars for sure!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sarah S

“Other restaurants manage to serve all day”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Turned up at half 11 with two hungry children under 4 to be told that we could only have a cake as they had stopped serving breakfast and wouldn't be doing any more food for half an hour to "change over to lunch".

Other restaurants manage to make a seamless transfer , don't see why this place has to make a complete and utter ballache of it.

1 Thank Lizzie H
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Lovely treat”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have recently broken my wrist and have been feeling low and miserable. Two very good friends offered to take me and my sister out for lunch to a new place they had recently discovered. How delighted we were to be taken to the new Decks restaurant at tescos, Cleethorpes. We were warmly greeted by Sue and shown to our table promptly and where we were all comfortable. My friend is disabled and Sue made sure we could both cope with the position which was handily near the servers. Holly, our waitress was there immediately and brought the drinks we needed straight away. We were shown to the car very to choose our meals, and I was delighted when Tom the carver spotted my plaster cast and without prompting offered to cut the meat for me to make it easier for me to eat. Then Tom ,the manager, carried my meal and that of my disabled friend to the table. The meal itself was excellent with a very wide choice of vegetables, reall well cooked and excellent value for money. Throughout all the staff were attentive and caring. Their friendliness and caring was outstanding, and we shall definitely going back again Very soon, I hope.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Hinge2014
“Think i may pop”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Went to a visit after doing our shopping the food was absolutley perfect carvery i know but best one ive been too around town great portions and nicley cooked (not dry like some).

Staff are very happy to help and brilliant hosting plce looks clean and tidy tables well kept.

Decoration is very modern and american style booths to sit in ice cream factory for the kids to build there own creation (but dad had to help) and desserts are to die for.

From the pervious café its an improvement of 100% lets hope that it stays like this and the staff and every one else keeps it up.

1 Thank James H