“Excellent”

Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cellar Bar that serves food, along with Sky TV, 7 Screens to view all the sports and Pool Tables for your enjoyment.
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Food was the best in cleethorpes. Owner was absolutely amazing and entertaining to our kids, we only nipped in for a couple of drinks but because she was very welcoming to us all we ended up staying in all night. Thank you very much for the brilliant day/night will be coming more often

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Came in for Sunday lunch had the roast beef. You cannot beat this place for proper home cooked food of fab quality and portions! The meat was cooked to perfection, the veg and potatoes absolutely gorge. Staff are welcoming and service was second to none! Will be returning very soon.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

After waiting over an hour for a burger it came out raw in the middle and cooked on the outside ( I don’t mind burgers pink when they are suppose to be not to mention this wasn’t a thick burger so it should be cooked all the way through) it also tasted weird so it was sent back but was told it would be over an hours wait again as the burger would of had to be defrosted and it turned out all the meat including the fish was frozen which didn’t make sense for a sat lunch time so I got a refund. On the way out the chef stopped me to say that she tried it and it did taste funny but the temp prob said it read over 95’c which means it’s cooked but that definitely can’t be the case ( also coming from a level 3 qualifies chef with quite a few years experience in the kitchen and have received my own 5 star food rating) I know what I am talking about. I am currently having some bad stomach pains which I am blaming for the bit of the burger I ate as I haven’t had anything else all day. I do not recommend this place at all and as a note my friend ordered fish and chips but was told there was an hours wait and the landlady said “what do you mean it will take over an hour for a fish to defrost” then laughed and said “ it’s because she is German” which I found very rude and is discriminating again the chef but she is right that is definitely doesn’t take over an hour to defrost fish. I have also contacted the next person above the landlady with my concerns and begged that they check this employee out as at the end of the day this can be very dangerous. Also dogs only allowed out in beer garden not inside like I read online.

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank vickiehouston
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Had burger & chips with home made chilli jam, Inga did better than excellent. Would of bought a jar to take home if it was available, will be back again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic proper home cooked food. Great Sunday dinner,pie and chips was amazing and very reasonably priced

Date of visit: August 2018