“Best Fish & Chips in Lincolnshire”
Review of Ernie Beckett

Ernie Beckett
Ranked #35 of 155 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After our recent visit to the fish restaurant, I felt I had to spread the word about the best Fish & Chips I've ever tasted at Ernie Becketts. we sat in the restaurant area which has been recently refurbished to a very high standard, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. the menu had a large range of choice and the deserts are home made. My favourite meal being Fish Chips and mushy peas and the batter is the best ever, all at a reasonable price. I would defiantly recommend that you put this place on your list of places to visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Went with my partner an two kids have eaten here before but we took it out ate in this time marshy old hag behind the counter food wasn't worth what we paid hardly any fish just batter real let down chips were nice no wasn't happy havin to walk halfway down the rd to use there toilets won't be returning

3  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very generous portions with the jumbo fish not being for the faint hearted. The staff are friendly with a wide range on the menu. The restaurant was clean and the their toilets around the corner were too.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ate in the restaurant as the takeaway was queueing out of the door, we have been here a number of times (my first visit was over 40 years ago!) and as always had lovely fish and chips, the batter is lovely and light and the chips are not greasy, because it was late afternoon it was not so busy in the restaurant so the service was very good, would definatley go back again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had researched fish and chip shops ( for eating in) in Cleethorpes before my wife and I took friends there for a day out. They had been before and knew a good place - but I had a list of what seemed to be the vest three from Trip Advisor and insisted on going to one of them! We chose Ernie Beckett's as it seemed to be the most traditional. The service was OK, the chips were OK but all small, the mushy peas were quite good - but the fish was most disappointing: it was small, watery and almost tasteless. Perhaps we hit on a bad day!

4  Thank Stuart R