Stallingborough Grange Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$71
US$69
Travelocity
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$159
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscauliflower cheesesunday lunchbusiness tripcooked to perfectionhumberside airportprawn cocktailon arrivalfull englishcheesecakewonderful hotelbar menusteaklovely surroundingsshort breakpleasant staystayed for one nightbirthday party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The food is a little pretentious but not expensive I had a very good steak
My first room was very close to the function room it was Friday and someones birthday party, I had been up since very early that morning
The noise was unbearable, on visiting reception The receptionist could not of been more apologetic and helpful.
I changed rooms and managed to get a very good nights sleep The rooms are clean model
and the beds comfortable
I have stayed there a few times and will return

Room Tip: If you are not there to party tell the receptionist when you arrive :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. My sincere apologies regarding your room and the party. This is an oversight on our behalf and am pleased it was resolved quickly and efficiently. I am pleased you have enjoyed your meals with us and we do hope you come and visit us again in the very near future. Your comments are very valued to us.

Heather Dutton - General Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed for the evening and had dinner in the restaurant, staff are always friendly. Good choice of food for dinner although was disappointed in the poached egg that was requested in the morning was more hard boiled! still nice and comfy rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and our staff made you feel welcome. I will personally give our breakfast chef some poached egg training as the perfect poached egg is essential. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Heather Dutton

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel but I visited the restaurant on Friday 26th April with my brother for my Mums 83rd birthday. Despite living in the Grimsby area all my life I had never been before but it had been recommended to me and was delighted with the quality of food and service.

We all had a 3 course meal, all three main dishes (duo of salmon, pork tenderloin and lamb liver) were superb and portion size very good (unlike some restaurants). It was also a nice touch by the staff (who had picked up on our conversation) to bring out my mother desert with a candle in it, surrounded by chocolates, singing happy birthday. I had the cheeseboard which was the best cheeseboard I have ever had in a restaurant.

The bill also came as a surprise as for 3 three course meals, a bottle of wine, a pint of cider and two soft drinks came to less than £90. Very glad I took up the recommendation and we will definitely be back in the future. The evening made my mothers birthday very special so a big thank you to The Stallingborough Grange staff. I cannot recommend the place highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments regarding you visit to our restaurant. We are delighted you enjoyed your meals and our hospitality and we always love a good birthday party. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future.

The Management Team

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January, during those snowy cold days.

The hotel doesn't have a lift so had to carry my bag and stuff to the first floor.
Whilst staying at this hotel, I've discovered that the heating was automatically turned off after midnight, despite the cold weather.
Another huge surprise, was when I came back to my room in the evening one day, discovering my room wasn't cleaned..!
Service at breakfast and dinner was average.. Not staying again in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank aria_o_
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stayed here in April, staff ok, rooms tacky and poor quality beds not nice - poor tv's in room never seen the type before (some bargain basement type that has awful picture quality) My room looked out over another part of hotel that had an extractor fan next to it so noisy in the early morning. WiFi doesn't work and looks like it never does by other reviews. Sum up wouldnt stay here again nearer ones to Grimsby are better and same price.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank williamsdjg
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have an excellent friendly team who work very hard to ensure you have an enjoyable stay, however we seem on this occasion to have not lived up your expectations. We hope you will come and visit us again in the near future.