“Nice countryside hotel”

Stallingborough Grange Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Stallingborough Grange hotel is everything you could expect from a English country side hotel. The design is not new, but the hotel is very well maintained and renovated. In the evening you can have a pint in the pub, together with your dinner. In the morning they serve a very good breakfast. The rooms are clean, well maintained and equipped . The bed was perfect for me. So overall it has been a pleasure staying there.

Room Tip: As far as I know, most rooms are away from the bar / restaurant and the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. We are so pleased you had a very pleasant stay with us and everything was to your expectation. We are in a lovely country position and I hope you will come back and enjoy our services again in the future.
The management team

Reviewed 26 June 2013

As the local daily newspaper was running a two for one voucher promotion, we decided to give Stallingborough Grange a visit. After getting drinks we made our choice from the menu & proferred the voucher. This was initially refused as the lady behind the bar claimed that it was for the evening menu & we were there at lunchtime with the lunchtime menu in operation. It had to be pointed out that the terms on the voucher stated either lunch or evening meal and this was then accepted - without an apology.
The food arrived before the cutlery - and we were not asked whether we would like any sauces or condiments. The food was nicely presented, my wife having a ham hock & leeks with pasta and was thoroughly enjoyed. I had the gammon with caramelised pineapple, egg and potato wedges. The wedges were slightly overdone but otherwise the food was delicious.
In most other similar establishments it is the normal practice for the customer to be approached during the meal by a member of staff and asked whether "everything was alright?". In this case this touch was not evident.
Overall the food was good but the service & attitude of the staff could do with a little more attention to the needs of the customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our restaurant recently. I was sorry to read that the service you encountered wasn't upto scratch. This is not our usual standard and it would have been an oversight if your table was not checked on. We do have many special offers running in various different publications so my apologies if the member of staff hadn't realised it was a lunchtime promotion also. I am however delighted you did enjoy your food and hope you will come and visit us again to demostrate that we do offer a high standard of service. Your comments are very valued to help us improve.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

As a traveling salesman I stay in a lot of hotels and the Stallingborough Grange is absolutely first class.Everything was of the highest quality, from the professionalism and friendliness of the staff to the fantastic food to the quality of the beds.I am already looking forward to my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. Our staff work extremely hard to ensure you have a very enjoyable stay and your comments are very valued. We do hope you visit us again in the very near future and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The food is a little pretentious but not expensive I had a very good steak
My first room was very close to the function room it was Friday and someones birthday party, I had been up since very early that morning
The noise was unbearable, on visiting reception The receptionist could not of been more apologetic and helpful.
I changed rooms and managed to get a very good nights sleep The rooms are clean model
and the beds comfortable
I have stayed there a few times and will return

Room Tip: If you are not there to party tell the receptionist when you arrive :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. My sincere apologies regarding your room and the party. This is an oversight on our behalf and am pleased it was resolved quickly and efficiently. I am pleased you have enjoyed your meals with us and we do hope you come and visit us again in the very near future. Your comments are very valued to us.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed for the evening and had dinner in the restaurant, staff are always friendly. Good choice of food for dinner although was disappointed in the poached egg that was requested in the morning was more hard boiled! still nice and comfy rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and our staff made you feel welcome. I will personally give our breakfast chef some poached egg training as the perfect poached egg is essential. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Heather Dutton

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel but I visited the restaurant on Friday 26th April with my brother for my Mums 83rd birthday. Despite living in the Grimsby area all my life I had never been before but it had been recommended to me and was delighted with the quality of food and service.

We all had a 3 course meal, all three main dishes (duo of salmon, pork tenderloin and lamb liver) were superb and portion size very good (unlike some restaurants). It was also a nice touch by the staff (who had picked up on our conversation) to bring out my mother desert with a candle in it, surrounded by chocolates, singing happy birthday. I had the cheeseboard which was the best cheeseboard I have ever had in a restaurant.

The bill also came as a surprise as for 3 three course meals, a bottle of wine, a pint of cider and two soft drinks came to less than £90. Very glad I took up the recommendation and we will definitely be back in the future. The evening made my mothers birthday very special so a big thank you to The Stallingborough Grange staff. I cannot recommend the place highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments regarding you visit to our restaurant. We are delighted you enjoyed your meals and our hospitality and we always love a good birthday party. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future.

The Management Team

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January, during those snowy cold days.

The hotel doesn't have a lift so had to carry my bag and stuff to the first floor.
Whilst staying at this hotel, I've discovered that the heating was automatically turned off after midnight, despite the cold weather.
Another huge surprise, was when I came back to my room in the evening one day, discovering my room wasn't cleaned..!
Service at breakfast and dinner was average.. Not staying again in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business