“Pleasant stay”

Stallingborough Grange Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My two night buisiness stay proved to be a pleasent experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable with good internet avaiability (free).
All the staff were polite and friendly. Brilliant food in the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found the hotel comfortable and you found the internet good which is so important to our guests these days. Our restaurant is renowned for its good food and am pleased you was able to enjoy it. I hope its not too long before you are able to stay with us again and we look forward to seeing you.
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Stallingborough Grange Hotel

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Lovely big car parks. Lovely room, nice and warm on a freezing day. Very comfortable bed. Bathroom good with a shower in the bath. Clean.
The restaurant? WOW! I ate a gorgeous mushroom starter then my friend and I ordered the offer of 2 sirloin steak meals with a bottle of house white wine for £30 This was excellent.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious.
The only downside I could see could be breakfast times as breakfast is from 7am to 9am and 7.30 to 9.30 at weekends. There is also no breakfast room service. This is a shame as it is a great place to stay quite near to the airport and really would suit people flying but when a room costs £95 a night, you really do want the breakfast that goes with the room price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay with us. Its very pleasing to read such positive comments especially that the room had been to a high expectation and you enjoyed your meal with us. A 'WOW' comment is very appreciative especially for the staff.

I am sorry to read though that you had been refused room service for breakfast, this is not usual as we do offer room service and will investigate the reasons behind this. I am however pleased that you found your breakfast to be delicious.

We very much hope you will return soon and we look forward to seeing you.
Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Dinner service was good and the only real positive was the food.
Room I stayed in was made up of cheap furniture some of which was broken and stained. The bathroom was in desperate need of renovation, the tiles were dirty and the bottom of the bath wobbles when you stand in it. Breakfast service was shocking, a table that came in 5 minutes after me was served their breakfast 10 minutes before me. Making me late for sore booked taxi and meeting. The waitress was dull and looked like she would rather be anywhere else than working here, easy solution is to not go to work? The hotel was expensive and massively over priced, much much better hotels in local area for same if not less. Won't be staying again in future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us. I was please to read that you had enjoyed your dinner in our restaurant and service. I was however sorry to read that your breakfast service the next morning slow and made you late for your taxi and meeting. I apologise for this and have addressed this with the staff on duty that morning and have stressed the importance of ensuring guests are attended to immediately. Your comments regarding the apprearance of our waitress are noted and I feel are personal to you. All our staff are highly trained and are all selected for there friendly personalities and appearance.

Our bedrooms are furnished to a very high standard. The room you stayed in has been inspected and any problems have been addressed immediately.
I am sorry if your feel our hotel is overpriced, It is very comparable with other hotels in the area and is rates are often cheaper in price than budget hotels in the area.
I am sorry you feel you will not stay again in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was very happy with my stay here and will definitely stay here again when in the area. The hotel is friendly, has a good atmosphere, and the food and service was great, I recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have a very good reputation for our food and service and are pleased you was able to experience this. We hope you are able to stay with us again soon and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night whilst on business. Room was very clean. Comfortable bed. Didn't eat there in the evening but the breakfast was good, and freshly cooked.

The group of other residents (clearly regulars so be warned) used the foulest of language and the bar staff engaged with them and were tolerant of it, real shame. I can swear like a navvy at the best of times but it made me cringe.

The small gym is rubbish, the floor hasn't been hoovered in weeks. The running machine sticks occasionally and nearly spits you off. The cross trainer is a DIY job and the rowing machine has a strap for only one foot. There are no cameras so if you get injured and get knocked out, which on that running machine is fairly likely, I doubt any one would know for about a fortnight. Was slightly perplexed as to why a gym would also contain a heated hostess trolley, haven't seen one of those in a few years, most odd.

I paid £70 for the night, £50 would be about right in my opinion. The rack rate is comical.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Poorhorseowner

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was please to read that you had enjoyed the comfort of your room and the breakfast you had. I was however sorry to read that you had experienced unappropriate behaviour in our bar. Unfortunately it is always difficult to monitor bad language from guests and our staff who were on duty should have been mindful enough to have addressed this at the time. Please accept my apologies for the upset this has caused you.

I'm sorry you found our gym to not be up to standard. Our gym is a small unmanaged gym which is purely a facility for guests to enjoy. We have a lot of business/contractors who literally just want an our of keeping fit. We do not make any charges for this facility and all guests appreciate this.

Our rates are very competitive to other hotels in the area and we feel we offer a high standard of service for the rates we charge. We are always greatful of comments to ensure we keep to these standards and make improvements for the future.
We hope you will visit us again when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

we first visited for valentines deal and enjoyed it.
our second visit for a quiet new year was very good, food and service was excellent would definitely recommend to friends and family.we will visit again
thankyou

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
philmark, Guest Relations Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant on New Years Eve. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

The Management Team

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Let me start by saying how good the food was. We shared the Rustic Bread board, which was just about right for two people, nice bread, nice olives, etc. Then I had the Sirloin Steak and my partner had the Stir Fry. Both meals were well cooked and the ingredients tasted fresh. The bill came to about £60 with a bottle of wine.

The service, however, was not to our liking. On arrival the young man at the bar was a bit over familiar, using terms like 'matey' and 'bud'. Which I suppose is fine, but I'm not sure is in keeping with the image the hotel is trying to put across (wood panelling, quite formal dining area). Then when the wine arrived to accompany the main meal it was simply plonked on the table. It was open, but it wasn't shown to us or poured for us (at £18 a bottle I would expect a little better). Then on finishing our meals, I went to pay. The young lad at the bar was having an in depth conversation with the manager about making dice out of blue tack. which was continued throughout the paying process. The bill was not shown to me, nobody asked if we enjoyed the meal, and again it was all 'cheers mate', etc.

My partner took umbrage at this lack of attention and asked to see the bill. Again he was over familiar and called her 'Darl'. We brought our comments to the managers attention, who gave lip service, but didn't seem to understand what we were saying.

Later on, my partner emailed the hotel to pass on our concerns, which were basically the over familiarity, and lack of attention to us as diners. The reply we got was that we over reacted. Which was pretty much what we expected as it seemed like the manager was there for a laugh and to be matey with his staff, forgetting that not everybody is a bar regular, and not everybody is there for the craic with the staff.

All I can say is if you want a restaurant experience ((good food AND professional service) in this area of NE Lincs, go elsewhere. If you want the working men's club experience, albeit with better food, try the Stallingborough Grange.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was very dissapointed to read your recent visit to our restaurant was not to your expected standards. I was concerned to read that although you had enjoyed your meal the service you had was far from what both yourselves and the management team would expect. The member of bar staff you refer to has now left our employment, however following your comments we have implemented further training with our staff on customer service. Our restaurant is not however a very formal dining room and we take a relaxed but professional approached to service, however members of staff have to be aware that a 'too relaxed' approach is not acceptable. I apologise if your wine service also did not come upto scratch. Again training has also been implemented in this area

I sincerely hope that you will re visit us in the future and that we can prove to you that we value all our customers.

Heather Dutton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Healing Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
Millfields Hotel
Millfields Hotel
#7 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Stallingborough Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!