“Exceptional Service!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Healing, England
“Exceptional Service!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife, my nephew, his partner and I went for a meal. We had not thought about it but it was the day after Valentines Day. The set menu was good, the choice decent. Our waiter, Callum was efficient and attentive without being " in our faces ". Smartly turned-out, Callum had a great attitude and a calm yet amusing demeanour. The food was better than we had expected, everything cooked and presented well, piping hot and good value. If you've not been for a while or just forgotten how good this establishment is, book a table, you will not be disappointed.

Oh, and thanks to the management for employing Callum, he is a great asset.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
philmark, Guest Relations Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,many thanks for your lovely review,its so rewarding when we receive such lovely comments regarding our staff. Your views have been passed onto our team in the kitchen and restaurant.
Kindest Regards
Wendy Tutty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If this review was purely about the staff, restaurant and food, it would gain 5*, but because a night's stay was included, the room standard gives the whole review 3*.
For £95, we would have expected more personal touches, toiletries (just liquid soap in a grubby container provided), tissues, a bottle of water perhaps. Certainly we did expect a bath and hand towel each, and not have to share. Also in this litigious climate, an anti-slip mat for the bath should be provided. Bed was a standard double (pay more for a king-size) but very comfortable.
We felt that the room might be aimed at the business traveller, who wouldn't mind some dust and bits of rubbish on the floor, and would be happy with mould on the shower head.
As this was a 'special event' night away, we were disappointed. Would return for the food and service, but not to stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,many thanks for taking the time to give a review on your recent stay with us and your lovely comments regarding our staff & restaurant ,which i will certainly pass on to them. I am sorry that the room didnt meet your expectations.You should have had extra towels and the comment on the mould in the bathroom is unusual and an oversight on our housekeeping .I have spoken to the Housekeeping Team and this matter has been resolved.
We do take onboard good and not so good comments so once again thank you for taking the time and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Kindest Regards
Wendy Tutty
Bushey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I arrived a lot later than I intended, but the s, taff me very welcome and helpful.
My room was excellent, huge room with a large comfortable bed and super bathroom. Went to the bar after I'd unpacked, very friendly bar staff, and enjoyed a couple of beers in a warm friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was very good, everything you would expect for a full English with extra's if you wanted it. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone needing accommodation in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I was delighted to read you're stay with us was very enjoyable. We pride ourselves on our staff and am pleased to read that they gave you a warm welcome. I am pleased your room was to your liking and had enjoyed your breakfast which is very important.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Regards
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My two night buisiness stay proved to be a pleasent experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable with good internet avaiability (free).
All the staff were polite and friendly. Brilliant food in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found the hotel comfortable and you found the internet good which is so important to our guests these days. Our restaurant is renowned for its good food and am pleased you was able to enjoy it. I hope its not too long before you are able to stay with us again and we look forward to seeing you.
Kind Regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Lovely big car parks. Lovely room, nice and warm on a freezing day. Very comfortable bed. Bathroom good with a shower in the bath. Clean.
The restaurant? WOW! I ate a gorgeous mushroom starter then my friend and I ordered the offer of 2 sirloin steak meals with a bottle of house white wine for £30 This was excellent.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious.
The only downside I could see could be breakfast times as breakfast is from 7am to 9am and 7.30 to 9.30 at weekends. There is also no breakfast room service. This is a shame as it is a great place to stay quite near to the airport and really would suit people flying but when a room costs £95 a night, you really do want the breakfast that goes with the room price!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay with us. Its very pleasing to read such positive comments especially that the room had been to a high expectation and you enjoyed your meal with us. A 'WOW' comment is very appreciative especially for the staff.

I am sorry to read though that you had been refused room service for breakfast, this is not usual as we do offer room service and will investigate the reasons behind this. I am however pleased that you found your breakfast to be delicious.

We very much hope you will return soon and we look forward to seeing you.
Regards
Errol
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Dinner service was good and the only real positive was the food.
Room I stayed in was made up of cheap furniture some of which was broken and stained. The bathroom was in desperate need of renovation, the tiles were dirty and the bottom of the bath wobbles when you stand in it. Breakfast service was shocking, a table that came in 5 minutes after me was served their breakfast 10 minutes before me. Making me late for sore booked taxi and meeting. The waitress was dull and looked like she would rather be anywhere else than working here, easy solution is to not go to work? The hotel was expensive and massively over priced, much much better hotels in local area for same if not less. Won't be staying again in future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us. I was please to read that you had enjoyed your dinner in our restaurant and service. I was however sorry to read that your breakfast service the next morning slow and made you late for your taxi and meeting. I apologise for this and have addressed this with the staff on duty that morning and have stressed the importance of ensuring guests are attended to immediately. Your comments regarding the apprearance of our waitress are noted and I feel are personal to you. All our staff are highly trained and are all selected for there friendly personalities and appearance.

Our bedrooms are furnished to a very high standard. The room you stayed in has been inspected and any problems have been addressed immediately.
I am sorry if your feel our hotel is overpriced, It is very comparable with other hotels in the area and is rates are often cheaper in price than budget hotels in the area.
I am sorry you feel you will not stay again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was very happy with my stay here and will definitely stay here again when in the area. The hotel is friendly, has a good atmosphere, and the food and service was great, I recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have a very good reputation for our food and service and are pleased you was able to experience this. We hope you are able to stay with us again soon and we look forward to seeing you.

Heather Dutton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Healing Manor Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
The St. James Hotel Grimsby

Been to Stallingborough Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!