“AMAZING SERVICE AND FOOD ”
Review of Spice of Life

Spice of Life
Ranked #36 of 190 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Good modern Indian restaurant in Grimsby. Good quality food at reasonable prices. I would be happy to write a brief review.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“AMAZING SERVICE AND FOOD ”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

FANTASTIC ! we ordered of the Internet for the first time and also the first time eating from there and the food was delivered in 17 mins after I had placed it , and it was delicious perfect there was plenty left and well worth the money , many thanks to all the staff

“Not recommended”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited this restaurant for an evening meal with one of our friends. I felt quite embarrassed that I recommended this place. Spice of life is very easy on the eye, and looks like the kind of place you would want to dine in, but that was the only good thing. Our friend ordered a hot dish as in extremely spicy, and it was about as spicy as my sweet chicken korma, except his had a few green chillies chucked on the side. My chicken was uncooked, literally raw pink in the middle, so half of my meal I didn't dare to eat! The waiter's seemed grumpy and impatient when we were ordering or asking questions about the food (not all of us are Indian cuisine experts), one of the female waitresses was very polite though I must say. We were basically treated like we were an inconvenience to them. To top it off the couple next to us had more beer than food and was absolutely sloshed. I will never go here again or recommend this restaurant. Sorely disappointed feel like we've wasted £60! A McDonald's would have been better!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Kesia87
“Takeaway Treat”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Decided not to go out and have a curry before the game so we choose here even though last time they forgot a few bits we order and spend £25 on a treat.
To be told it would take 50 mins fair enough it's Saturday. After waiting 1 hour and 30 min it turns up cold. So ring and complain " we will send you fresh chips and breads out straight away" after another call thirty mins later speak to the manager to say we can have 50% back "ow cheers" . Driver drops bits off with no money and a bag of new stuff a attitude. Was a naff curry will never ever order again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kendallsteph
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Came here tonight with friends food was ok service was ok was very quiet for a Friday night !! The restaurant its self is decorated lovely bright colours with black and red table cloths looks lovely !! Only negative is that sometimes when we come the food is not very good and others its nice just wish they could have a set standard to the food!!

“Family party”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a family party at this restaurant and asked for a buffet type meal which was excellent even more so as they were catering for so many they could not do enough for us at a very reasonable price brilliant

• Visited August 2013