“Variety Nights - not!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The 'all you can eat' on the variety nights - Chinese, Indian, Tex Mex etc - is just mass produced yuk! Tried the Chinese - it was awful. Tried the Indian - just as bad. Won't attempt to but the other 'variety' nights, but the food on the general menu is ok. Forget the variety, buy from the menu

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Family occasions often see our family of 6, including five year old granddaughter, visiting The Haven, generally with good results. Sadly, this time we were disappointed. We went for my son's birthday, which happened to fall on a Sunday so I was looking forward to trying the Sunday roast buffet. This was advertised as being available until 8pm so didn't anticipate any problems when we arrived shortly after 5pm. However, we were told that there was very little food left and we would have to be quick!

Not everyone in the party wanted the buffet but when we ordered from the menu, we were told there was a 30 minute wait! All of which meant that some had their meal (which was very limited) half an hour before everyone else!

The 30 minute wait was made even less acceptable by the fact that the place was not particularly busy in any event. A restaurant really should be striving for consistently good standards if customers are to return. We will be thinking twice come the next family occasion.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Great food and fast service just what I wanted as a business traveller

Reviewed 11 June 2012

How can they make money on a carvery that fills the biggest belly for just under £4 a throw?? if I lived locally I would never cook again! I would just go there every night!! brill staff, masses of fresh cooked food, find me somewhere better to eat for the same price? I dare you!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

the most polite and helpful staff you could ever wish to meet, nothing was too much trouble and they really look after you.
the food quality and portion size was superb and very very reasonable. The themed nights too were excellent.

1  Thank nickydave