Humber Royal Hotel
US$67
Agoda.com
US$95
  • Breakfast included
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Breakfast included
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgolf coursegolf clubcomplimentary toiletriessmall balconyoffice blockcomfortable hotelchristmas partybreakfast was excellentnight porterno air conditioninggood sizesuperior roomlincolnshire sausageschecking outstayed here for one nightup to datecar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stay in Grimsby between 2-4 times a year to visit family. We normally stay in the Premier Inn which is cheap, clean and consistent. When we needed to visit last minute and could not get booked into the Premier Inn we booked the Humber Royal as they had availability.

We only stayed for one night which included breakfast (which was awful) but the cost was the same for staying 2 - 3 nights at the Premier Inn and to be honest I can't see why there is such a difference.

Don't get me wrong the room was a reasonable size, with a nice view over the golf club and we got a good nights sleep but no real comparison to the Premier Inn for the price difference.

The service was very good (everyone was really friendly) but the breakfast was vile - you were seated with strangers, the table cloths were dirty and the food looked and tasted unappetizing.

Back to the Premier Inn for us for future visits.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony but with no furniture on it, it seemed pointless unless you were a smoker.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Humberab, General Manager at Humber Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review; please be assured that every guest experience is important to us. I am disappointed that your experience was not of the high standard on which the hotel prides itself. I was very concerned to read your comments describing the issues you encountered at breakfast. I am sure you can appreciate that breakfast time on a weekend is usually quite busy and unfortunately on this occasion we did not deliver to the best of our ability. I would like to reassure you that I have liaised with our service team and chefs and believe that, as a team, we have been able to come up with improvements to our operation which should make for a better breakfast experience going forward.

I was genuinely disappointed to learn that you would choose the Premier Inn above us on future visits to the area. We are an accredited four star property offering similar prices. I also believe we offer a very high standard of accommodation at value for money rates, a view which is supported by our many repeat visitors. I am sorry that you will not be returning to us, please do get in touch should you wish to reconsider this decision.

Regards

Reviewed 12 September 2013

On behalf of my 84 year old dad who has travelled the world and stayed in many hotels he said this has been the best place he has ever stayed he was there in july this year
he enjoyed seeing the deer on the golf course he said the breakfast was excellent and the room was comfortable and the staff were all pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: i got the impression all the rooms are similar and they all look onto the golf course
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for posting a review on behalf of your dad. As such a well travelled visitor his statement ‘Best place he has ever stayed’ really does mean so much to the team and I. Please thank him on our behalf - let’s hope he can stay with us again when he next visits the area.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

On a recent weekend stay for a friends wedding ;
No faults here, excellent all round.
The welcome from Sandy at reception was warm, pleasant and polite and information given by her for places to see was greatfully received.
The food was beautiful, the beds comfy and the rooms super modern, clean and fresh with wifi, flat screen tv etc.
I would definatley stay again and recommend to all staying in and around Grimsby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Humberab, General Manager at Humber Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear guest
It was good to read your review and to know that you would recommend us to other potential visitors to Grimsby. I’m pleased that you received a warm welcome from Sandy and experienced a good night’s sleep in our well appointed bedrooms as well as a beautiful meal. Looking forward to seeing you again when you return to Grimsby.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I recently had a very pleasant stay at the Humber Royal Hotel on Littlecoates Road Grimsby. The trip to Grimsby was for business purposes and the hotel itself was a perfect location meeting all my requirements. Location is ideal as it is situated on the western edge of the north eastern town of Grimsby making the trip in and out of Grimsby very easy, yet placing me close enough to the town centre to access all amenities.
The Hotel is easily 4 star quality and its somewhat dated exterior architecture belies the bespoke quality of the interior. The hotel’s careful decor has been constructed to give an immediate impression of quality with a modern and fresh feel. Materials are earthy and rich utilising depth of colour to covey quality. The rooms are all very well appointed and offer a refreshingly calming minimalist layout. So often these day hotels either try to pack too much colour or furniture into a room that only leaves you feeling tiered or visually offended just looking at it. But the Humber Royal have crafted rooms that are comfortable and leave you feeling relaxed, through the use of rich colour and textures with a feeling of pampered comfort.
I took advantage of the hotel restaurant The Brassiere not because it was the easy option but because the menu was inviting and the reviews are excellent. I was not let down, the food was excellent and prepared to perfection but, there is one thing that made this stay stand out beyond just a good hotel providing good food. The service is the jewel in the crown of this hotel, immediately on arrival we were expected, greeted and welcomed. We were made to feel like we were probably the most important customer they were having on this day, and this feeling persisted throughout the stay. The staff at the hotel obviously work very well together as a team and get along as friends and this is conveyed to the customers in their actions, leaving the customer with a feeling of being amongst friends and in a very convivial atmosphere. It is easy to applaud or criticise a hotel, restaurant etc for their good or bad service but we are a society that easily tips bad service and does not readily shout or compliment exceptional service. So, let me shout it right now The Humber Royal is worth shouting about as a quality hotel, who provide excellence in service and food but, it is their commitment to the customer that impresses, well done to you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest
I really don’t know what to say – your review has overwhelmed me! Your comments summarise what we are about so accurately, from the quality of our product, to our locally sourced and passionately produced menus to most importantly, the team of special people who really do care about the customers we serve. It is so encouraging knowing that we’re ticking the right boxes on so many counts, comment such as yours really encourage other guests to cross our threshold – many, many thanks for shouting about it!

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

On arrival the hotel looks like a 60's institution......but what lies inside is modern, comfortable and very pleasing. The rooms overlook the golf course and have balconiesc where you can step out for a breath of fresh air. My only criticism would be the fire doors are VERY noisy and the breakfast wasn't very hot. Otherwise a pleasant stay at a reasonable price!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear guest
Thanks for seeing past our not too pretty exterior and for highlighting out product on TripAdvisor. I’ll certainly investigate your comments regarding breakfast and fire doors and make changes where possible. Good to know that you enjoyed your stay, we do aim to offer value for money.
Hope to see you again soon.