“An honest review of a great restaurant”

The Miller's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 207 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Don't believe everything you read on here! We've been here before, but quite some time ago, so when we knew we were coming again, we checked Tripadvisor, only to find a host of obvious 1 and 2 star reviews from a rival restaurant. Sad. Anyway, myself, partner, sis & bro-in-law, plus some friends certainly put it to the test. We were half an hour early and were seated straight away - brownie point numero uno. We had drinks, which came promptly, and then deliberated over the extensive menu for quite some time! No problem for the friendly staff - chalk up a second gold star. Once we settled on what to have, we were treat to another round of drinks and the food came within twenty minutes. It was VERY nice. Our fayre ranged from a Madras, Lamb Tikka Jalfreizi, The Miller's Platter and butter chicken, plus a couple of other dishes. Rice, chips and Naan were fresh and tasty and everything was spiced just right. All-in-all, a very good meal, great service and reasonably priced. The free shots at the end - although lethal as we then went on to have several more at another hostelry around the corner - are a nice touch and rounded off a very pleasant dining experience (for us, not the staff!). Well done Millers (and don't believe the hype).

ShirazMillers55, Owner at The Miller's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you from everyone at The Miller's. We are pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, we appreciate your comments and custom.
Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely terrible service had to go to bar for our drinks as was not asked. Was rushed into ordering food which then took over an hour to come to table out of 15 or so tables only 2 were eating resulting in another table of 8 walking out before eating as not happy with the time it was taking. We choose to wait ten minutes more thankfully for them the food came 5 minutes later (total wait 1hr 5mins!) or they would of had more wasted food. I would go back for the food tomorrow but due to the shocking service by the school boy waiters and rude staff we would not return! a birthday meal truely spoilt :(

2  Thank 09donna23

I am extremely sorry for your ruined birthday party, I was away on holiday myself and without making excuses my team did not handle your party with as much passion as I strive for when I am working. I believe the restaurant was extremely busy that evening and service was slower than usual as you can appreciate at busy times.
I hope you will not hold this against us and give us another try, I will personally do my utmost to look after you and ensure your experience is second to none.
Regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food is fabulous, Shiraz is the best host ever and the atmosphere is second to none.

Why try anywhere else when this is the best.

Great range of food from mild to really spicy, very good service and always a warm welcome.

If restaurants did season tickets, this would get my subscription!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The first time because I had heard lots about it! We are just 5 mins. down the road. The whole truth is most of these restaurants are not genuinely Indian Restaurants. They are Bangladeshi restaurants whose favourite dishes are mainly seafood dishes and they do that best. Spicy food is slow cooked and marinated at its best.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I can not believe that a member of the local restaurants that has opened up near this excellent place to eat would be so jealous to write a poor revue. I know who you are and why you wrote this.

2  Thank Greatgrimsby_Red28