“Excellent food but very poor service”

The Miller's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 189 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have had about 6-7 takeaways from this restaurant and the food has been lovely. The staff in the restaurant if collecting are not friendly and do not interact with customers. On the 2nd and then the last 2 takeaway occassions (3 in total) items have been missing from the order. The staff have been awkward over the phone and on one occasion said "if you come back we will have it ready for you". I live 5 miles away and dont expect to have to return for their error. Yesterday i asked them to double check the order before i took it and they reassured me it was correct. It appears they have an inability to count popadums and onion bhajis! Based on the staff and service alone(despite the food being good) i will not be using this restaurant again as the overall experience is below the standard i expect. We will be looking for a new takeaway.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Martin H
ShirazMillers55, Owner at The Miller's Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review. We have taken everything into consideration and serious measures have taken place to deal with the issues, I do believe my staff were as helpful as they could have been with replacing your order and refunding part of your bill. Here at The Miller's we do everything we can to strive for both great service and great food and we are extremely sorry on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I hope you will return, your custom is highly appreciated.
Regards.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Very nice and good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We normally dine in our usual restaurant in cleethorpes however we was in a party of 5 who insisted on taking us to try millers. The food was good so no complaints there. May just stick to my regular though.

• Visited July 2014
We are pleased you chose The Miller's to dine at on the evening in question. I massive thank you, if you are in Waltham we would look forward to seeing you again.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“An honest review of a great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Don't believe everything you read on here! We've been here before, but quite some time ago, so when we knew we were coming again, we checked Tripadvisor, only to find a host of obvious 1 and 2 star reviews from a rival restaurant. Sad. Anyway, myself, partner, sis & bro-in-law, plus some friends certainly put it to the test. We were half an hour early and were seated straight away - brownie point numero uno. We had drinks, which came promptly, and then deliberated over the extensive menu for quite some time! No problem for the friendly staff - chalk up a second gold star. Once we settled on what to have, we were treat to another round of drinks and the food came within twenty minutes. It was VERY nice. Our fayre ranged from a Madras, Lamb Tikka Jalfreizi, The Miller's Platter and butter chicken, plus a couple of other dishes. Rice, chips and Naan were fresh and tasty and everything was spiced just right. All-in-all, a very good meal, great service and reasonably priced. The free shots at the end - although lethal as we then went on to have several more at another hostelry around the corner - are a nice touch and rounded off a very pleasant dining experience (for us, not the staff!). Well done Millers (and don't believe the hype).

• Visited August 2014
Thank you from everyone at The Miller's. We are pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, we appreciate your comments and custom.
“ruined birthday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely terrible service had to go to bar for our drinks as was not asked. Was rushed into ordering food which then took over an hour to come to table out of 15 or so tables only 2 were eating resulting in another table of 8 walking out before eating as not happy with the time it was taking. We choose to wait ten minutes more thankfully for them the food came 5 minutes later (total wait 1hr 5mins!) or they would of had more wasted food. I would go back for the food tomorrow but due to the shocking service by the school boy waiters and rude staff we would not return! a birthday meal truely spoilt :(

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 09donna23
I am extremely sorry for your ruined birthday party, I was away on holiday myself and without making excuses my team did not handle your party with as much passion as I strive for when I am working. I believe the restaurant was extremely busy that evening and service was slower than usual as you can appreciate at busy times.
I hope you will not hold this against us and give us another try, I will personally do my utmost to look after you and ensure your experience is second to none.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in North East Lincs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food is fabulous, Shiraz is the best host ever and the atmosphere is second to none.

Why try anywhere else when this is the best.

Great range of food from mild to really spicy, very good service and always a warm welcome.

If restaurants did season tickets, this would get my subscription!

Visited June 2014