“Very Good”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First time sushi eaters should definately give this a go. We had the special menu which gave us a good choice of things to try. Apart from the soup that none of us were to impressed with everything else was bery good.
Being first timers we did think the staff could be a little more helpful when it came to us choosing what to eat, even now where not sure what we ate but it was good.
Not the most attractive part of town but once in side you forget where you are, well worth a try, and if you like they do take out/home delivery

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

First time I've tried yu me and I am very impressed , I ordered the sushi platter for 2 and a chicken skewer . Ordered online and it came before the estimated time . The sushi platter was excellent, lots of variety, very fresh and nicely presented with wasabi, picked ginger and greens. You could tell a lot of effort had gone into its preparation . At 26 pound including 4 pound delivery ,was probably the most expensive takeaway I've ever had , but defiantly the tastiest and great for a one off treat. (However there are cheaper options.)I will certainly be ordering again and look forward to eating at the restaurant. well done !

1  Thank Revolver78
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The tempura was pretty flawless. Beautifully cooked and tasty. Only one type of Sake available but perfectly acceptable. Generic jpop was playing, not too bad. Sushi was disappointing. We had several types of nigiri - I'm used to sushi rice being vinagered - this was quite bland. Toppings were large and a bit stiff but not very tasty. We both love eel but this didn't really satisfy. I would go here again if I wanted tempura but give the sushi a miss.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

3 superbs, each for every time I've been. Although I think it's more like 6 now.

Simple to review, fantastic food, prices are brilliant, service and quality is consistently great. Even had a little bento box takeaway and that was delicious!

The location isn't amazing, but for these prices and tasty sushi and other Japanese dishes, I am not complaining. Will be coming to see Shane and his crew again very soon!

1  Thank P-TIp
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided to eat at YuMe based on TA reviews and were delighted with this little piece of Japan in the unlikeliest of places. We ate early and chose the Twilight Menu, my partner receiving a welcome cocktail on the house, a treat for all ladies eating over the holiday weekend. Nice touch. The menu consisted of miso soup and Californian maki to begin with, and a choice of second and third courses. We both enjoyed the lightness of the tempura mix, and for mains my partner chose the chicken teriyaki and I chose the curried salmon. Both were absolutely delicious. Dessert was fresh fruit - red grapes and pineapple - very refreshing. Service was prompt and polite on this quiet holiday Monday, and the decor has been tastefully put together. This is a gem of a restaurant and I hope it continues to thrive. I notice from reviews that locals are realising Japanese food is absolutely not 'sushi and sushi alone' and also that some are trying an authentic Japanese kitchen for the first time. Long may that continue. YuMe is in a relatively challenging location and I sincerely hope it succeeds. Grimsby certainly needs this type of addition to the restaurant scene. The meal was remarkable value for money, two Twilight Menus and a bottle of Asahi was GBP 22.50. First class.

1  Thank TrevorHall